Doorstep Calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone please give me some advice. I've written to Credit Solutions Limited as they have threatened to doorstep call me. I wrote to them to say that under the Armstrong -v- Sheppeard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB per Lord Evershed M.R. ruling they could not visit me at home as I revoked there license to do so.

Credit Solution response was:

In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of Office of Fair Tradings' guidelined doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a court and not from the individual.

Does anyone have a copy of the Armstrong -v- Sheppard authority or know of of a webpage that I can get a copy from.

Advice urgaently needed. If Credit Solutions are lying about the individual not being allowed to revoke license I will have to report them to the OFT.

Whatever else you do, make it clear you will not discuss anything with them on your doorstep. You will not accept documents that could be posted. You will not pay them anything. Therefore they will gain absolutely nothing from visiting, they will just waste their time.

Complete twaddle!!

If, and I do mean If they turn up at your door, tell whoever it is that they have exactly 10 seconds to get off your property, and if they remain you are calling the Police. And if they just sit outside in their car watching your property, call the police and tell them that you feel threatened as someone is sat outside watching your house.

That reply is just them wanting to have the last word. They are 'incorrect' in stating that you can only refuse them access via a court.

Report them immediately to the OFT. The bloody cheek of it, I tell you:evil::evil:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

P.S Credit Solutions are not right. An individual 'IS' allowed to revoke license.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to obtain a copy of the Armstrong -v- Sheppard law report to send with my letter of complaint to Credit Solutions. As I see it they are in breach of the OFT guidelines by incorrectly quoting the law for there own benifit.

Also they say there client adviced them of no dispute outstanding on the account. Even thou the agreement have no prescribed terms and just wants to ignore the fact.

Threats, threats and more threats, what a load of rubbish they spout.

It is your property and they will be tresspassing unless you invite them and if they want to collect your doorstep (Door Step Collection) tell them its theft. A post man has the right to come to you door because he brings you your mail.

You should also get the name of the person calling and keep a note also if you can take the reg. no. down as well.

If you don't want to speak to them give them a note through your letter box telling them to shove off.

Any letter you send to them should also include communication in writing only.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Besides the definition of the word 'Appointment' is a fixed 'Mutual' agreement for a meeting!:p

I do not like the whole Armstrong v. Sheppard template. Every letter I send to a DCA states that I will only deal with them in writing, so I can meet threats of callers with something like this:

I refer to your threat to send an agent to my home. I have previously told you that all communication in this matter must be in writing.

It appears to me that your threats are an attempt to apply psychological pressure, which is a breach of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection. In addition, behaviour which creates an intimidating or hostile environment constitutes harassment.

Should you ignore the above, you should be aware that I will not speak to any caller, save to ask them to leave at once. If they fail to do so, the police will be called. Any call will also be reported to the appropriate enforcement authorities.

If you do not understand this letter, you should seek professional advice.

Cetin Solutions are my pet DCA and the reason I am a cagger so make sure you treat 'em right.

Do not take at face value anything they say.

The above is a perfect example.

What CSL love are visits from Trading Standards so to get the ball rolling, call

08454 040506

to register your complaint.

Put a sign on your door saying your dog eats Debt Collectors.

I have a dog and she scares salesmen off by jumping up to the window. They take one look at her and decide to leave me alone. My dog is a 6 month old German Shepherd who is as tall as her mother right now. I think she will grow much bigger (oh good she can scare more salesmen off) and much scarier.

If a DCA ever came to my door i would give them 10 seconds to get off my property before i let the dog out.

Edited by Blondmusic
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I also like SP's letter above.

Warning about the dog is good as well.

Make it clear a visit would result in a call to the police if they didn't leave immediately, followed by a complaint to the OFT.

Or:

I am the proud owner of 2 machine guns and more live ammo than I know what to do with. Please send your entire staff at your earliest convenience. :lol:

Edited by shinobi101
spelling

Can I borrow the machine gun and I think Blondmusics dog not because I'm being threatned with doorstep drips but so I can visit the other monkeys like Link.

DG

I hope you realise that our wonderful stalinist government under Comrade Broon and the leader of the proletariat and Prince of Darkness Lord M monitor your posts and at this very moment in Cheltenham they are tracing you to see who has the machine gun. Before you know it a crak squad of heavily armed thought police will storm your house and cart you off.:D

I hope you realise that our wonderful stalinist government under Comrade Broon and the leader of the proletariat and Prince of Darkness Lord M monitor your posts and at this very moment in Cheltenham they are tracing you to see who has the machine gun. Before you know it a crak squad of heavily armed thought police will storm your house and cart you off.:D

only cause they want it for themselves:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Well you know that wouldn't suprise most of us.

If they are tall, good looking, rich, youngish etc., then bring them on could do with a bit of fun and pampering.

DG:)

The dog is enough to scare anyone off. Say your dog loves to eat doorstep callers for breakfast and they are stepping onto your property at their own risk. I would go as far as to put a sign up saying that too!!

Can I borrow the machine gun and I think Blondmusics dog not because I'm being threatned with doorstep drips but so I can visit the other monkeys like Link.

DG

Yes you can borrow the dog. Just let me kno when LOL.

Anyone used a vidoe camera at all towards these mugs?

They call, you open up with a camcorder to your face recording their every movement and word, wonder how long they would stay on your doorstep?

Wonder how many would come up with the stupid line 'please stop filming me'

'YOU'RE ON MY DOORSTEP MUG, I CAN FILM YOU IF I WANT!'