You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

babybear39

OCs and DCAs threatening consumers with defaults and CCJs whilst knowing the alleged debtor could get sacked!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OCs and DCAs threatening consumers with defaults and CCJs whilst knowing the alleged debtor could get sacked!!!

This needs urgent attention by TS and the OFT and any other body out there that has any power to stop this!!!

Views please...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

do they bloody care,not at all:mad:

as long as they continue to get their pound of flesh.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Defaults can also impact on a persons ability to secure employment, rent property and take out things such as utilities....... but as mentioned the banks don't care.

Surely it would be more reasonable to judge someones ability to pay if they are taking on credit, than purely rely on the information held with the CRAs.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I knew somebody years ago who was in a highly paid secure job and lost everything because of arrestments against his wages he knew nothing about - it almost destroyed him.

No one has the power to stop this I'm afraid. As long as the basis for the default is correct then it is permitted.

It could be argued in court that the granting of a CCJ would have devastating & possibly unforeseen consequences for the defendant thereby limiting their ability to pay even greater & therefore should not be granted - that an alternative mean of securing/paying the debt should be considered by the court such as a voluntary CO on the understanding that the claimant will withdraw their application

Great idea JC. Would a second charge afect the alleged debtor's credit file from an employers's POV?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

why? it would just be another charge which could be for anything