Howard Cohen-Discussion thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Cohen are also used by government departments - your taxes are paying for them - they are currently pursuing me for court costs in respect of companies house filing fees. I had already paid directly to companies house but they are still pursuing me for the court fee - all done with the complete authority of companies house

I didn't argue about paying companies house fine - it was perfectly justified for late filing of accounts but to attempt to add to their monies is a disgrace

I'm complaining about them to my MP but have also put in court defence

Another nasty DCA making easy money on behalf of government too!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, My G E Money debt has now been passed to Howard Cohen & Co, do I need to ask them for anything in relation to the amount owed such as the original credit agreement, and does it cost anything to ask for this?

Any help gratefully received.

Hi all, My G E Money debt has now been passed to Howard Cohen & Co, do I need to ask them for anything in relation to the amount owed such as the original credit agreement, and does it cost anything to ask for this?

Any help gratefully received.

Hi Zetecisback

Have Howard Cohen issued you with a Court claim yet, if not i would CCA HC to see what documents they have.

Gaz

Does anybody have any comments on the following thought I had yesterday.

Has anyone who has received a letter from HC claiming a judgement HAS been entered against them, thought of bringing proceedings against them for breaching section 40(1)© & (d) of the Administration of Justice Act??

Would it stand up in court?

Anybody want to have a go at drafting a PoC if they think its a good idea?

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Zetecisback

Have Howard Cohen issued you with a Court claim yet, if not i would CCA HC to see what documents they have.

Gaz[/qu

Hi thanks for that, no court documents yet only threats I will ask for the CCA today

Gee your lucky Howard Cohen sent me Court papers staight away without any threats. Prehapes he's learned his ways knowing in the past he's been jumping the gun.

Yes, get that letter in the post today, don't forget the £1 postal order with the letter.

Gaz

At some point I will be trying to get a Howard Cohen CCJ set aside. I had the pleasure of dealing with this firm a few years ago, when I knew nothing about Court procedure, or this Forum. I got the Court papers on Dec 23rd, panicked and admitted the claim.

Now I realise Howard Cohen did not have the correct paperwork, nor did they follow the correct procedures - which seems par for the course for this particular firm.

With my thread I've CPR 31.14 Cohens, got no where, had a statement of account from CL Finance today, what I may do is CCA request both, just to say I have.....is there anything wrong with doing this while court action is going on?? I am preparing my defence now and have posted up the defence I intend to use on my thread.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

No need to cca cl as its in court action and they have not provided u with the document.

Just fill in a n244 with expemtion fee if necessary asking the courts to order they produce the required paperwork.

Shout if u need any help with the form.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Gee your lucky Howard Cohen sent me Court papers staight away without any threats. Prehapes he's learned his ways knowing in the past he's been jumping the gun.

Yes, get that letter in the post today, don't forget the £1 postal order with the letter.

Gaz

WOT! no letter before action?

• 2 months later...

Here is my Cohen thread - at the moment hoping to be submitting embarrassed defence in 2 days time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/237706-urgent-please-can-i.html

Cabot - £7000 - can't provide docs :)

Red Castle/GUS - unenforcable - phoney docs:)

Halifax £2000 bank charges refunded 12/7/07:)

Halifax (round 2) - LBA 30/8/08 - £2500 back within 3 weeks

Nat West - £2,000 - WON offer dated 7th December 2009 (a week after the Supreme Court Ruling !!!!)

In progress

Yorkshire (hubby) - LBA sent, discussion reggarding hardship undertaken waiting to see what their plans are after Supreme Court Case

Capital 1 - SAR'd - typed docs provided not originals gonna play letter ping pong for a while

Halifax Visa - when I get a moment

Halifax personal loan - when I get a moment

If all these come to cash I'll be a millionaire (ish)

• 4 weeks later...

He is funny though isnt he,

I got a phoney court claim for my nans old next account and shes been dead for 18 months!!! Next knew and have had the death cert and she only lived at my adress for about 12months but apparently they are going to either remove her possesions (dig her up?) put an attachment on her property (springwood cemetary?) or make an attach to her salary (angel?)

Hi all I've got a CC Claim too, can anyone help, looks like this chap has been blanket bombing people with CC claims again ...

its listed as Howard Cohen & another County Court Claim

Cheers Bongo

Thats what he does - issues claims in bulk and hopes for default judgement. You need to start your own thread in Legal Issues - title it something like 'Bongo vs Howard Cohen/'. Be sure to post up the Particulars of Claim (your personal details and the reference numbers) and any details of any pre-action correspondence with Cohens, the DCA and/or the Original Creditor.

Feel free to look at my thread. Don't let it put you off though - Cohen has been known to give up a lot easier than in my case.

I got a phoney court claim for my nans old next account and shes been dead for 18 months!!! Next knew and have had the death cert and she only lived at my adress for about 12months but apparently they are going to either remove her possesions (dig her up?) put an attachment on her property (springwood cemetary?) or make an attach to her salary (angel?)

Interesting when are they talking about sending the baliffs into the cemetry as that would make very good news footage.

Have HC been made aware of the death tho.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yeah they know, Lewis were first on the scene told them and they were full of apologies then a week later HC "your account is being prepared for court" letter then Satrurday Lewis again with a 50% offer called them up and slaughtered them over the phone (I wouldnt normally phone anyone but its quite amusing to have the moral high ground and know theyve got nowhere to go with any argument!) told they would send it back to next, so I expect a H&C letter again with the inneptitude, might try a ouija board or table tapping and send her to haunt them!

Who should I complain to OFT/FOS both?

cheers

Yeah they know, Lewis were first on the scene told them and they were full of apologies then a week later HC "your account is being prepared for court" letter then Satrurday Lewis again with a 50% offer called them up and slaughtered them over the phone (I wouldnt normally phone anyone but its quite amusing to have the moral high ground and know theyve got nowhere to go with any argument!) told they would send it back to next, so I expect a H&C letter again with the inneptitude, might try a ouija board or table tapping and send her to haunt them!

Who should I complain to OFT/FOS both?

Hi Themadcap

Yes, i've had dealings with Howard Cohen i would personally complain to both the OFT/FOS it wouldn't do any harm except an extra stamp.

Gaz

Can someone please look at my thread, I have an allocation hearing tomorrow, OH cant attend in person, so I just want to send the court a letter as to what I want. HC sent a claim form we submitted defence followed by a letter for them to produce documents and copy agreement, but not heard anything from HC.

Can I suggest you email Samantha Washington of BBC Money Box Programme, she is more than interested in the activities of HC & Co. [email protected]