You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Honeypot

Help with Egg Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Egg have defaulted me and passed my account to DLC for collection. The account was in dispute due not to receiving the CCA in the required time.

This morning 300 pages of statements and online agreement arrived in the post so they have rectified the dispute.

I have two questions please-

1. My account was taken in Aug 2005 so the digital rules apply. Is there anything I can look for to check whether its enforceable. I believe it is but I'm clutching at straws now !

2. DLC have said they will resume collection within 14 days. I cant afford to pay anymore than the reduced offer I sent to Egg 3 months ago.

Is there a letter I can send sort of saying this?

Or do I just resend the original reduced payment letter with I&E that I sent Egg when I ran in to difficulties?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

Hi All

Egg have defaulted me and passed my account to DLC for collection. The account was in dispute due not to receiving the CCA in the required time.

This morning 300 pages of statements and online agreement arrived in the post so they have rectified the dispute.

I have two questions please-

1. My account was taken in Aug 2005 so the digital rules apply. Is there anything I can look for to check whether its enforceable. I believe it is but I'm clutching at straws now !

2. DLC have said they will resume collection within 14 days. I cant afford to pay anymore than the reduced offer I sent to Egg 3 months ago.

Is there a letter I can send sort of saying this?

Or do I just resend the original reduced payment letter with I&E that I sent Egg when I ran in to difficulties?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

Honeypot,

Can you post the Default Notice on here, minus personal details but leave the dates visible.

Hi Vint1954

Thanks for calling in.

I have posted up my default noice on here and sadly its all in order....

Thanks Postggj

Mine is Aug 2005 and has all the correct info on :?.

So now I have DLC to deal with. Can I maintain the original payment offer to them ?

Whats the best way forward ?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

Does The Agreement Say Credit Limit Or

approved Limit

Can You Post A Link To The Default Notice And Agreement

Thanks

Hi Postggj

It says Credit Limit sadly.

Here is the DN.....

Can i ask-the remedy date on the DN is a week after they defaulted on my CCA request is that relevant. (They have since sent the agreement)

Vicky

xxxx

_0424090205_001[1].pdf

the default notice is ok

if they defaulted you while in dispute of your cca request and you can back it up. by track and trace

copies from the dca etc

you can tel dlc or who ever to bog off

have you had any notice of assignment from egg and dlc

if not they can bog off

is the default amount made up of penalty charges, default notice is then crap if so

i could go on and on but you get the idea

you will not be paying dlc anything if ever for a very long time

Hi Postggj

Thanks for your continued help !

These are the facts, can you see if I'm in with a chance.

-DN letter says sent to me on 20th April,remedy date 18th May

-Fri 24th April 2009 Posted rec delivery CCA Request.

-Mon 27th April Royal Mail track/Trace confirm it was delivered to Egg

-Sat 16th May (12+2 days are over ) no CCA

-Tues 19th May received a letter saying account terminated.

Secondly I have looked at all my statements there is heaps of late fee, overlimit charges, direct debit unpaid charges each charging £16 each time.

This is all included in my amount on the DN.

Thirdly my closing balance on 19th April is £4.71 less than the notice on the DN dated 20th April ?

I presume that is 24 hrs interest as the account was still gathering interest until defaulted.

Thanks Again

Vicky

xxxx

xxxx

Edited by Honeypot

we can fight this with those facts

its because its all done by computer mistakes happen. that is to our advantage

did you get any notice of assignment from egg and dlc

they have terminated the account while in dispute

we can run with this

Hi postggj

I have had a letter from DLC saying that they are collecting on behalf of Egg thats all.

I sent them the account in dispute letter and they have held off collecting until CCA produced which they have sent this morning.

The account was definately over 12+2 days when it was terminated by Egg.

Which is the best angle-the termination whilst in default or penalty charges added on to the DN. I have approx £200 of charges.

I think the arrears amount on the DN is wrong would this be an angle?

I need to double check....

Thanks for your time on this sweetheart on a Sat night.

I need a drink....!

Vicky

xxxx

Hi Can Anyone Else Offer Advice Please.....

Vicky

xxxx

Postggj are they template letters for these 'errors'.

Im not sure what to say :-|

Vicky

xxxx

Can anyone else confirm whether I have a chance here?

-penalty charges are included in the DN amounts

-they terminated whilst in default of my CCA request

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

Respectfull Bump

tell dca the account was terminated while in official dispute so any notice of assignment is invalid

did the notice of assignment come by recorded delievery,

if not, its invalid under the law of property act 1925 and dlc have no claim

say if dlc are now the legal owners of the account, any penalty charges will be claimed direct from them, this on its own renders any default or noa invalid

say that and dont be surprised dlc send it straight back to egg

Thanks postggj

Can you confirm what you mean by notice of assignment?

I had a letter sent first class post from DLC saying that my account with Egg has been referred to them for collection. Thats all it says and to ring them urgently.

Is that the same thing?

Vicky

xxxx

interesting that

it seems dlc are only collecting on behalf of egg and dont own the debt, but need confirmation

still send the letter though

it will give them some thing to think about

put at the top

account in official dispute and to be delt with by the complaints dept

send recorded delievery

Thanks postggj will start drafting something. Will you check it over for me?

Can I just recap these points as I am struggling to grasp all this.

1. As the balance on the DN notice contains plenty of penalty charges the DN is invalid?

2. Does an account automatically go in dispute after 12+2 days of not receiving a CCA or do you have to write to them and put it in dispute?

3. If an account is in dispute I am not sure of the relevance of the Termination letter I received from them during this period ?

Are you saying an account cant be terminated whilst in dispute or cannot be assigned to a DCA whilst in dispute?

My Termination letter just says my account will now be handled by an external DCA. Is that NOA?

Sorry for all the questions.

Vicky

xxxx

correct

if a default balance is made up of penalty charges, it invalidates the default notice

the account goes into default 12 plus 2 days after the request

they know the law

just tell them to remind

an account cant be defaulted or past to a dca while in dispute

dont worry on the assignment

just ask for the assignment notice

just after confirmation on that one

OK postggj just phoned Egg and they said the debt hasn't been sold on but they are using DLC to collect on their behalf. So there isn't a NOA.

Is that relevant/does it change anything?

I think the only route I can go down is the penalty charges within the DN amount.

Is their anything juicy I can quote in my letter/specific law/terminolgy etc about penalty charges making the default invalid?

I tried Google but couldnt find much.

PS-whats postggj mean?

Vicky

xxxx

leave it with me and ill post some thing later for you

post means postman

ggj means green jackets

used to be in the army

royal green jackets

That would be fab. I'll log on later.

A hunky soldier to my rescue. Yum :p

Vicky