• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Recieved £50 fine for exceeding 3 hour time limit - 10:30PM - 2:01AM Didn't see any notices as it was dark.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4080 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there

I have just recieved a Parking charge notice for £50 (£25 if paid within 14 days)

last Friday night we visited a cinema complex, the cine complex car park was full so we parked next door in a retail outlet car park, you know the type with a pizza hut, Homebase, Toys R us etc..

A few days later I recieved a letter, with photos of my vehicle (with number plate visible) entering and leaving the car park.

I can understand them having a 3 hour time limit, during the daytime when the shops are open for trading but from 10:30PM - 2:01AM seems ridiculous and is purely a money making scheme.

I didn't see any notices stating this time limit, it was obviously dark at the time we arrived and have not had the chance to drive back in the daytime to take a look.

Am I likely to have any joy trying to fight this? Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome.

I am very annoyed about this, but at the same, if I don't have a leg to stand on I would rather pay the reduced fee within 14 days.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

It is a PPC invoice NOT a parking ticket. Read this forum and you will see thousands of similar cases.

This is sound advise. COMPLETELY IGNORE. Do not phone, do not write.

They will send you another few letters including ones that are very intimidating, from debt collectors (them again) and solicitors (Yes, them yet again).

Do not be tempted in any way to contact them at all. They will give up and go away.

• Haha 1

Do not Appeal (there's no such thing)

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their mail

DO NOT PAY THEM

It's a [problem].

Write and complain to Pizza Hut.

Do not contact the parking co, ignore their junkmail and they will give up and go away.

In short....... IGNORE !

:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi there

Thanks for the replies, but can anyone give me some cold hard facts as to why your so confident that if I ignore, I'm not going to end up with a court summons / CCJ. - or point me to a similar thread please.

The company name is G24 LTD.

I did go back yesterday, in the daylight and there are signs that read:

3 hours free parking.

We have applied the 3 hour rule to allow everyone to gain access to the shops. If you exceed this there is a £50 parking charge.

Another thing, they state they contacted the DVLA for my address via registration plate, is this legal ??

If I simply ring the DVLA and tell them someone parked illegally at my premises would they give me their private address and name ?? I can't believe that the DVLA would pass on this information so how did they obtain my name and address ??

Many thanks

Paul

Hi there

Thanks for the replies, but can anyone give me some cold hard facts as to why your so confident that if I ignore, I'm not going to end up with a court summons / CCJ. - or point me to a similar thread please.

CLick on any one of the many 100s of threads here and you will find a similar one immediately

The company name is G24 LTD.

Again, search for G24 and you will find many entries

I did go back yesterday, in the daylight and there are signs that read:

3 hours free parking.

We have applied the 3 hour rule to allow everyone to gain access to the shops. If you exceed this there is a £50 parking charge.

Well I believe your parking DID allow everyone access to the shops so what do they think they are charging you for?

Another thing, they state they contacted the DVLA for my address via registration plate, is this legal ??

Unfortunately, yes it is because the government decided they could releave themselves of any responsiblility for our data protection

If I simply ring the DVLA and tell them someone parked illegally at my premises would they give me their private address and name ??

Yes you can, sortof. Thereis an official form to submit, but providing you can convince the DVLA you have "reasonable cause" to need teh info, then they will give you it

I can't believe that the DVLA would pass on this information so how did they obtain my name and address ??

Well now you can believe it I'm afraid, coz that's what they do

Many thanks

Paul

How much do they charge per hour to park? Nothing?

So, IF and it is a very HUGE if they ever did take you to court (about a 0.00000000000001% chance of that), they would have to sue you for their losses. They lost precisely nothing so they could in theory sue you for zero plus costs.

They won't.

DO NOT be tempted to phone or write to them. It is a [problem]. Treat them like a bad fart. Ignore it long enough and it will go away.

• 1 month later...

I did as advised, but have now recieved a letter from CCS Collect, debt collectors.

The letter states:

'This is a formal notice of intended court action. We may take action if you fail to pay the full amount you owe within 7 days of the date of this letter'

So now what ?

Thanks

Paul

I did as advised, but have now recieved a letter from CCS Collect, debt collectors.

The letter states:

'This is a formal notice of intended court action. We may take action if you fail to pay the full amount you owe within 7 days of the date of this letter'

So now what ?

Thanks

Paul

Ah yes, I had one of those 12 months back. I think the one you have is the final reminder. They also do a final, final reminder and a final, final , final reminder. Some have fancy colours on to make them look important.

I’m not sure why but they send them in separate envelopes at different times. Such a waste of paper.

I received a letter from ccs collect last week acting for g24 stating the same as you received. I have a similar thread going myself about this. I have chosen to ignore the letter as advised and will wait and see what happens next. My seven days where up on 4th Aug.

I received a letter from ccs collect last week acting for g24 stating the same as you received. I have a similar thread going myself about this. I have chosen to ignore the letter as advised and will wait and see what happens next. My seven days where up on 4th Aug.

Ok please keep me posted, maybe we can do our jail time together.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya just to let you know I have received another letter from ccscollect.

I have put it on my thread, don't want to get into trouble for repeating the same thing.

Unfortunately not many people give feedback on the outcome of ignoring these [problematic] to help put victims minds at rest at a time when panic has set in! (I know cos I've been there) - probably because of the lengthy time-frame involved.

I got two 'invoices' in December 2007 (one from CEL for alleged overstay in a retail car park and one from APPOC for alleged non payment in a pay and display).

I chose to ignore both completely (following the sound advice from this forum) - receiving all the subsequent threatening letters over a period of five to six months or so, then all went quiet - lol

I've now been free of any further harassment for well over a year and still waiting for the court summons they both promised - lol :D

Bottom line is that they rely on a contractual obligation under civil law to 'claim' the value of the 'invoices' they issue. The onus being on them to prove that such a contract actually exists and that you (the accused) broke that contract (and can only claim for damages - they cannot impose fines) - something not easy for them to do in these circumstances.

So, my advise is to simply ignore all their threatening correspondence (whilst having a good laugh at the content - lol) and go about your life not worrying about it.