You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Ok thanks guys for all the help & advice I think I will go the DRO option but will open a new bank account somewhere else first etc.  The only other things im little worried about is reading on the DRO it says about I wont be able to apply for credit but what about things like my car insurance as thats classed as credit paying it monthly Plus they say i must not have assets or car worth over £1,000 so what about things like my car worth around 2.5k and as said before when my father passed away he left me his camper that I cant part with its worth about 4k and what about things in house and jewellery etc ?? Can they come to house and check and so on
    • threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
paul240z

Recieved £50 fine for exceeding 3 hour time limit - 10:30PM - 2:01AM Didn't see any notices as it was dark.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3969 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there

I have just recieved a Parking charge notice for £50 (£25 if paid within 14 days)

last Friday night we visited a cinema complex, the cine complex car park was full so we parked next door in a retail outlet car park, you know the type with a pizza hut, Homebase, Toys R us etc..

A few days later I recieved a letter, with photos of my vehicle (with number plate visible) entering and leaving the car park.

I can understand them having a 3 hour time limit, during the daytime when the shops are open for trading but from 10:30PM - 2:01AM seems ridiculous and is purely a money making scheme.

I didn't see any notices stating this time limit, it was obviously dark at the time we arrived and have not had the chance to drive back in the daytime to take a look.

Am I likely to have any joy trying to fight this? Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome.

I am very annoyed about this, but at the same, if I don't have a leg to stand on I would rather pay the reduced fee within 14 days.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

It is a PPC invoice NOT a parking ticket. Read this forum and you will see thousands of similar cases.

This is sound advise. COMPLETELY IGNORE. Do not phone, do not write.

They will send you another few letters including ones that are very intimidating, from debt collectors (them again) and solicitors (Yes, them yet again).

Do not be tempted in any way to contact them at all. They will give up and go away.

• Haha 1

Do not Appeal (there's no such thing)

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their mail

DO NOT PAY THEM

It's a [problem].

Write and complain to Pizza Hut.

Do not contact the parking co, ignore their junkmail and they will give up and go away.

In short....... IGNORE !

:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi there

Thanks for the replies, but can anyone give me some cold hard facts as to why your so confident that if I ignore, I'm not going to end up with a court summons / CCJ. - or point me to a similar thread please.

The company name is G24 LTD.

I did go back yesterday, in the daylight and there are signs that read:

3 hours free parking.

We have applied the 3 hour rule to allow everyone to gain access to the shops. If you exceed this there is a £50 parking charge.

Another thing, they state they contacted the DVLA for my address via registration plate, is this legal ??

If I simply ring the DVLA and tell them someone parked illegally at my premises would they give me their private address and name ?? I can't believe that the DVLA would pass on this information so how did they obtain my name and address ??

Many thanks

Paul

Hi there

Thanks for the replies, but can anyone give me some cold hard facts as to why your so confident that if I ignore, I'm not going to end up with a court summons / CCJ. - or point me to a similar thread please.

CLick on any one of the many 100s of threads here and you will find a similar one immediately

The company name is G24 LTD.

Again, search for G24 and you will find many entries

I did go back yesterday, in the daylight and there are signs that read:

3 hours free parking.

We have applied the 3 hour rule to allow everyone to gain access to the shops. If you exceed this there is a £50 parking charge.

Well I believe your parking DID allow everyone access to the shops so what do they think they are charging you for?

Another thing, they state they contacted the DVLA for my address via registration plate, is this legal ??

Unfortunately, yes it is because the government decided they could releave themselves of any responsiblility for our data protection

If I simply ring the DVLA and tell them someone parked illegally at my premises would they give me their private address and name ??

Yes you can, sortof. Thereis an official form to submit, but providing you can convince the DVLA you have "reasonable cause" to need teh info, then they will give you it

I can't believe that the DVLA would pass on this information so how did they obtain my name and address ??

Well now you can believe it I'm afraid, coz that's what they do

Many thanks

Paul

How much do they charge per hour to park? Nothing?

So, IF and it is a very HUGE if they ever did take you to court (about a 0.00000000000001% chance of that), they would have to sue you for their losses. They lost precisely nothing so they could in theory sue you for zero plus costs.

They won't.

DO NOT be tempted to phone or write to them. It is a [problem]. Treat them like a bad fart. Ignore it long enough and it will go away.

I did as advised, but have now recieved a letter from CCS Collect, debt collectors.

The letter states:

'This is a formal notice of intended court action. We may take action if you fail to pay the full amount you owe within 7 days of the date of this letter'

So now what ?

Thanks

Paul

I did as advised, but have now recieved a letter from CCS Collect, debt collectors.

The letter states:

'This is a formal notice of intended court action. We may take action if you fail to pay the full amount you owe within 7 days of the date of this letter'

So now what ?

Thanks

Paul

Ah yes, I had one of those 12 months back. I think the one you have is the final reminder. They also do a final, final reminder and a final, final , final reminder. Some have fancy colours on to make them look important.

I’m not sure why but they send them in separate envelopes at different times. Such a waste of paper.

I received a letter from ccs collect last week acting for g24 stating the same as you received. I have a similar thread going myself about this. I have chosen to ignore the letter as advised and will wait and see what happens next. My seven days where up on 4th Aug.

I received a letter from ccs collect last week acting for g24 stating the same as you received. I have a similar thread going myself about this. I have chosen to ignore the letter as advised and will wait and see what happens next. My seven days where up on 4th Aug.

Ok please keep me posted, maybe we can do our jail time together.

Paul

LOL will do

Hiya just to let you know I have received another letter from ccscollect.

I have put it on my thread, don't want to get into trouble for repeating the same thing.

Safe to ignore G24.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Unfortunately not many people give feedback on the outcome of ignoring these [problematic] to help put victims minds at rest at a time when panic has set in! (I know cos I've been there) - probably because of the lengthy time-frame involved.

I got two 'invoices' in December 2007 (one from CEL for alleged overstay in a retail car park and one from APPOC for alleged non payment in a pay and display).

I chose to ignore both completely (following the sound advice from this forum) - receiving all the subsequent threatening letters over a period of five to six months or so, then all went quiet - lol

I've now been free of any further harassment for well over a year and still waiting for the court summons they both promised - lol :D

Bottom line is that they rely on a contractual obligation under civil law to 'claim' the value of the 'invoices' they issue. The onus being on them to prove that such a contract actually exists and that you (the accused) broke that contract (and can only claim for damages - they cannot impose fines) - something not easy for them to do in these circumstances.

So, my advise is to simply ignore all their threatening correspondence (whilst having a good laugh at the content - lol) and go about your life not worrying about it.