gavman99

BOS Claim Knocked Back Two years Ago - Can I Restart It ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3739 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A couple of years ago, I put in a claim for a refund of bank charges against the BOS going back many years. Needless to say they knocked back my first letter. I sent a second letter which they said they would investigate......then a few weeks later they replied saying that had investigated, didn't find any wrong doing, original response still stands i.e. I still got knocked back.

I never sent anymore letters after that. A combination of moving house and getting married and before I knew it, everything had been put on hold with the test case, etc, etc.

So my question is this.........can I still use my original claim from 2 years ago to pursue a refund once the "claims on hold" rule gets lifted......or do I need to submit a new claim which effectively means I lose 2 years money from what I can claim ?

I live in Scotland. My original letter was sent in April 2007 and my second letter was sent in May 2007.

Many thanks,

Gav.

FSA waiver clearly allows for the Stay period since July 2007 so yep is the answer.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Calculate all of your charges back to 1 January 1995 until now. Make sure you include all the interest that they have taken off you in respect of those charges -- including interest on any overdraft you have to the extent that that overdraft is comprised of charges.

Don't worry about the existing claim. Print out your entire schedule charges and send it to the bank and demand repayment within seven days.

If they bother to reply at all they will simply attempt to rely on the FSA waiver. That's their own businesses nothing to do with you. That is their own tidy little industry arrangement.

At the end of the seven days for your claim into the courts having make sure that you have also included 8% statutory interest.

Have a look at our new claims template. It includes a claim for restitutionary damages and statutory interest as an alternative.

If you fancy that then use that template. Otherwise take out the part the refers to restitutionary damages.

Whatever you do, put your claim in. Put it in now. Put it in with the courts