Jump to content

IB and DLA


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Just a quick couple of questions.

Last year DWP wrote and said I didn't need to send a sick note again till June 2009, but they would remind me well in advance. I think I still have the letter, but what would happen if I didn't remember ?

It is nearly JULY and I have not heard from them. so what happens now ?


Should I send another sick note ?

Will they just stop my money without warning ?

What is the best action to take ?


Again with DLA, they are right on the ball. My DLA is not due for renewal till Dec 2009 yet I already have a claim pack through the post.

Regarding my DLA claim, this was done with a home visit from a doctor. He filled the form in and obviously my award was made off what he wrote. I have never seen a copy of this. So when they ask if your situation has changed, how can I comment cos I don't know what he put in his report.

Any advice welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In relation to your IB claim, give them a call and get clarification as to whether they need a sick note or not. Normally after you have been told sick notes are no longer required an IB50 is sent and you may be required to attend a medical on renewal.


As for the doctors report for your DLA, you can get a copy of this by making a subject access request to DLA.


The DWP do not make a charge for subject access requests, just some poor sole has to request the file from storage and photocopy any clerical material as well as collating all the screen prints.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.


If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a Welfare rights officer, they will help you complete this form. You can find their number on your Local Authority's website. They do send these forms out early as they take about 12 weeks to assess.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...