i neded help with my charges - natwest

lauraM1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have three charges places on my account, two from when i changed DD dates and completely forgot, the third was an error from specsavers, so im hoping to claim it back from them.

I explained the situation to NatWest and sent in my budget summary, proof of what i paid out and explained that i was a single parent and showed them my benefit proof. this clearly showed that there was nothing to spare.

they took the money out of my account leaving it in a minus - the three charges of £38 each. i was due to have some money paid into the account from someone that owed it to me, i called the bank and explained the situation to them, they assured me that as a one off, whilst my case was being decided, i could draw out the money that was paid in and not the left over amount by the time the three charges came out. So of course i believed them and didnt make alternative arrangements for the money.

This turned out to be a lie and i lost over £100 from the three £38 charges. Ive complained about being mislead by the bank - no reply.

Since then ive had a letter to say that they are not willing to refund the charges as they are seen as fair and as it was my fault, its irrelevant of my situation, so ive lost all that money.

is this really the end of the line?

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

just a catch up, ive been told that my case isnt classed as hardship, im jut a single parent with no other debts. ive been given a form to claim through the courts, is there another form to claim for not paying the fee;s with them?

If you mean claiming exemption from paying the court fee see; The requested resource (/HMCSCourtFinder/tiles/Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance) is not available Associated Forms: EX160

ok i have found the form and saved it, it asks for the case number etc, so am i thinking rightly that i dont send this form off with my claim? i am new to this so sorry if i am asking silly questions, but i dont want to hold it up by doing it wrongly.

so do i firstly send off my form to re claim my charges to my local county court - i have two claims, one from natwest and one from halifax, so do i fill in two forms?

will they then acknowledge it and thats when i send off my form for fee remission?

thanks to any anqswers given

ah right ok then im blaffled again ha, cos on the exception form it asks for the claim number etc and i cant give that until its been filed. yes im best off ringing them then by the sounds of it, as doesnt seem to be much certain info.

thanks for all replies

Laura. I'm new to this but the one thing that really got me to act was the bank took my working tax and child credit in the form of bank charges.

I 'phoned the FSA and they told me there is some right you have not to have Tax Credits and Child Benefit taken from you in this way. I'm looking into it.

One problem you have is that the bank will tell you ( as they did me) the benefit/credit could be taken as a percentage of your total income , hence it is difficult to show what they actually took. So I'm trying to think of a way around this.

Here's the law:

Social Security Administration Act 1992

187 Certain benefit to be inalienable (1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of or charge on—

(a) benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b) any income-related benefit; or

© child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of a beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.

I'll let you know, good luck