You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
rcholmes

New Claimant - just a couple of quick qns!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After reading numerous victories against Lloyds I thought I'd give it a go and tyr and reclaim all of my bank charges since i opened my account in 2005.

I just have a few questions if someone could spare a moment or two?

1. From my statements I have two lists; one of unpaid/returned chq's/DDs and SO's and another of unplanned OD Fees. The first list equals £870 and the second equals £737. Am I able to reclaim for both the returned items and the unplanned OD Fees or just the returned items? (hopefully both!!)
  2. I currently have a £300 overdraft facility with lloyds, of which I probably use £100 of it. Has there be any cases where overdrafts have been removed in spite/revenge of someone putting in a claim for the bank charges?

Many thanks for your help.

RC

1) Yes you can claim

2) Prior to the OFT test case announcement, yes. Since then it could be seen to be a punitive measure and is against the FSA Waiver on Bank Charges

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

After reading numerous victories against Lloyds I thought I'd give it a go and tyr and reclaim all of my bank charges since i opened my account in 2005.

I just have a few questions if someone could spare a moment or two?

1. From my statements I have two lists; one of unpaid/returned chq's/DDs and SO's and another of unplanned OD Fees. The first list equals £870 and the second equals £737. Am I able to reclaim for both the returned items and the unplanned OD Fees or just the returned items? (hopefully both!!)
  2. I currently have a £300 overdraft facility with lloyds, of which I probably use £100 of it. Has there be any cases where overdrafts have been removed in spite/revenge of someone putting in a claim for the bank charges?

Many thanks for your help.

RC

Hi RC:)

As yourbank quite rightly says, an act of such a retaliatory nature is against the FSA Waiver, however, LTSB do still carry out such acts.

After putting in a large claim for refund of charges, they closed my account stating that in doing so they were helping my situation as there would be no further charges or interest - I have now reported them to the FSA.

I haven't come across anyone else here that has been penalised in this way, so I believe that it is still probably quite rare for them to do this and as your claim is relatively small, they are unlikely (in my opinion) to exact their vengeance on you in this way.

BankFodder recently started a discussion on claiming back overdraft interest - it is more complex, but perfectly possible, although not recommended by all.

Go for it and keep us posted on your progress - there is always someone around to offer advice and support:D

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hey there,

Firstly YES:oops: you can look to claim back both unplanned O.D fees & returned items + any interest relating to the unplanned overdraft fees.

2nd NO:oops: they wont take away your O.Draft facility, however in saying that I do know that if you have an O.Draft that you only use x amount of they may when youre due your review recieve a letter stating that as you only ever use xxx amount then we are going to put your O.Draft at that set amount....however if you prefer to have that amount even though you dont use it, you know having it there as a safty net should you need it. All you have to do is call and say you wish it to remain the same as it has always been then they can leave it at that for you.

PUTTING IN YOUR CLIAM....

now you've got your statements use a highlighter to mark out the charges, then write a cover letter-which can be as long or as short as you like, and send it to= LLOYDSTSB PLC, BOX 1, BX1 1LT.

You''ll then recieve a letter telling you that they will place your request on hold untill the outcome of the pending courts decision, but this is the same for everyone regardless how much, or how you bank with.

DEAR SIR/MADAM

ACCOUNT NO XXXXXXX

I'M WRITING TO REQUEST THAT YOU REPAY ALL THE DEFAULT CHARGES THAT HAVE BEEN APPILED TO MY ACCOUNT DURING THE PAST xxx YEARS. I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE CHARGES REFLECT THE TRUE COST TO LLOYDS BANKING GROUP FOR GOING INTO UNPLANNED OVERDRAFT AND HAVING ITEMS RETURNED TO MY ACCOUNT.

THE CHARGES TOTAL xxxxx. I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED OF THIS MONEY AND THEREFORE ASK THAT YOU REPAY ME THE FULL AMOUNT. PLEASE FIND A FULL SCHEDULE OF THE CHARGES ENCLOSED.

I LOOK FORWARD TO A FULL RESPONSE TO THIS LETTER WITHIN 14 DAYS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY

:razz:*WELSHIEGAL*:razz:

Hey there,

Firstly YES:oops: you can look to claim back both unplanned O.D fees & returned items + any interest relating to the unplanned overdraft fees.

2nd NO:oops: they wont take away your O.Draft facility, however in saying that I do know that if you have an O.Draft that you only use x amount of they may when youre due your review recieve a letter stating that as you only ever use xxx amount then we are going to put your O.Draft at that set amount....however if you prefer to have that amount even though you dont use it, you know having it there as a safty net should you need it. All you have to do is call and say you wish it to remain the same as it has always been then they can leave it at that for you.

PUTTING IN YOUR CLIAM....

now you've got your statements use a highlighter to mark out the charges, then write a cover letter-which can be as long or as short as you like, and send it to= LLOYDSTSB PLC, BOX 1, BX1 1LT.

You''ll then recieve a letter telling you that they will place your request on hold untill the outcome of the pending courts decision, but this is the same for everyone regardless how much, or how you bank with.

DEAR SIR/MADAM

ACCOUNT NO XXXXXXX

I'M WRITING TO REQUEST THAT YOU REPAY ALL THE DEFAULT CHARGES THAT HAVE BEEN APPILED TO MY ACCOUNT DURING THE PAST xxx YEARS. I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE CHARGES REFLECT THE TRUE COST TO LLOYDS BANKING GROUP FOR GOING INTO UNPLANNED OVERDRAFT AND HAVING ITEMS RETURNED TO MY ACCOUNT.

THE CHARGES TOTAL xxxxx. I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED OF THIS MONEY AND THEREFORE ASK THAT YOU REPAY ME THE FULL AMOUNT. PLEASE FIND A FULL SCHEDULE OF THE CHARGES ENCLOSED.

I LOOK FORWARD TO A FULL RESPONSE TO THIS LETTER WITHIN 14 DAYS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY

Hiya

Thank you all for your input so far! Do I include copies of the statements in with my letter?

Having read a number of threads on here and having read items on the lloyds website that say they are putting all claims for charges on hold until after various appeals, I was just wondering if anyone had had any succes in offering discounts on settlements to the bank and if this is a viable option (and recommended)? i.e. if you settle within 10 days i will accept a settlement of £xxxx.xx which is 75/80/90% of the total amount.

Thank you all for your input so far! Do I include copies of the statements in with my letter?
You can (copies,never originals) or a Statement of charges is easier.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....eadsheets.html

EnglandSimpleSpreadsheet.jpg

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

If you delete all the existing examples, you will also delete all the formulas for calculating the 8% interest.

Once you have entered all your info onto the sheet, all you need then do is to delete what info is not yours.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it and print out as your schedule of charges.

I was just wondering if anyone had had any succes in offering discounts on settlements to the bank and if this is a viable option (and recommended)? i.e. if you settle within 10 days i will accept a settlement of £xxxx.xx which is 75/80/90% of the total amount.
I've never seen any successful instances. They'd rather pay 0% now and 100% later at the conclusion of the OFT test case