Rankine in the Court of Appeal??????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also s173 of the Consumer Credit Act states:

173. Contracting-out forbidden.—

(1) A term contained in a regulated agreement or linked transaction, or in any other agreement relating to an actual or prospective regulated agreement or linked transaction, is void if, and to the extent that, it is inconsistent with a provision for the protection of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety contained in this Act or in any regulation made under this Act.

(2) Where a provision specifies the duty or liability of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety in certain circumstances, a term is inconsistent with that provision if it purports to impose, directly or indirectly, an additional duty or liability on him in those circumstances.

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a provision of this Act under which a thing may be done in relation to any person on an order of the court or the [F1 OFT] only shall not be taken to prevent its being done at any time with that person’s consent given at that time, but the refusal of such consent shall not give rise to any liability.Annotations:

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (c. 39) - Statute Law Database

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I was making was that Matrix who appear to be working wirh Rankine had not had authorisation cancelled...yet.

I completely agree that there is no reason to believe that the scheme will work.

The point I was making was that Matrix who appear to be working wirh Rankine had not had authorisation cancelled...yet.

I completely agree that there is no reason to believe that the scheme will work.

Is there any evidence that they are linked? I hope so!

If my recollection is correct someone on the forum reported that they had been to a meeting which I believe was matrix and Rankine was doing the talking.

Also there was another comment. It was on a thread entitled Selling on your debt..... is this possible?

The first post by rennuz - I don't know how to link to it.

The matrix website is not compliant with MOJ rules which I think says a lot. I can pm you the link to the part I am refering to if you like.

If my recollection is correct someone on the forum reported that they had been to a meeting which I believe was matrix and Rankine was doing the talking.

Also there was another comment. It was on a thread entitled Selling on your debt..... is this possible?

The first post by rennuz - I don't know how to link to it.

The matrix website is not compliant with MOJ rules which I think says a lot. I can pm you the link to the part I am refering to if you like.

Please :)