Rankine in the Court of Appeal??????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a Matrix conference in leeds this afternoon which a pal is attending out of curiosity to do with selling the debt.

Basil Rankine is the star turn and is apparantly the most qualified and eminent person in the land regarding CCA. I've asked my pal to ask him if he appealed the decision etc. I'll let you know what he says....................:p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Matrix conference in leeds this afternoon which a pal is attending out of curiosity to do with selling the debt.

Basil Rankine is the star turn and is apparantly the most qualified and eminent person in the land regarding CCA. I've asked my pal to ask him if he appealed the decision etc. I'll let you know what he says....................:p

You know - the gall of that man never cease to amaze me - I'll be interested to know what he says...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

yes but that still leaves the $64 million dollar question which is :-

Did Rankines appeal the High Court decision on the Amex Judgement..? There are credible rumours that they did but so far no concrete evidence ... Anyone ?

Edited by shakespeare62

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

they did launch an application as i understand it.

how far that got, i really do not know but i will do my utmost to find out through my CoA sources that i have on the grapevine

they did launch an application as i understand it.

how far that got, i really do not know but i will do my utmost to find out through my CoA sources that i have on the grapevine

I've been that there is something on casetrack but unfortunately I don't have access to it - I don't know if you have PT

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

From Casetrack:

Rankine & Anor v American Express Services Europe Ltd & Ors (2009)

Moore-Bick LJ

Case No: A3/08/2236 Date: 28/04/2009

Outcome: Application Dismissed

Judgment Status: Given

Transcript Status: Initial

• Haha 1

From Casetrack:

Moore-Bick LJ

cheers Sequenci:)

From Casetrack:

Moore-Bick LJ

Thanks for finding us that.

Presumably at some point there'll be a transcript available.

We'll have to keep our eyes open

• Haha 1

Just A Quick Note As This Is Ivegotnomoney Thread

Some Of You Know I Helped A Pal In Court This Week Against Arrow/marlin

Marlin Responded To A Cca Request With Bog Off Rankin Judgement

Judge Took One Look At It And Said

Aahh Rankin,

The Less Said About That The Better

And Marlin Had A Legal Obligation To Give The Agreement In The Allowed Time Frame

Game Over For Arrow/marlin

Point Being

Judges Know Of Dca And The Rankin Excuse And Treat Dca With Contempt For Using It

• Haha 1

Just A Quick Note As This Is Ivegotnomoney Thread

Some Of You Know I Helped A Pal In Court This Week Against Arrow/marlin

Marlin Responded To A Cca Request With Bog Off Rankin Judgement

Judge Took One Look At It And Said

Aahh Rankin,

The Less Said About That The Better

And Marlin Had A Legal Obligation To Give The Agreement In The Allowed Time Frame

Game Over For Arrow/marlin

Point Being

Judges Know Of Dca And The Rankin Excuse And Treat Dca With Contempt For Using It

That is excellent news - we just need to make sure that wheneverthey raise Rankine we are able to deal with...

"The less said about that, the better"

I concluded that the Judge had done his homework about the 'Rankines', with assistance of the Recorder of course.

Judges are used to dealing with people and he saw right through them;

the Rankines are not akin to the general consumer;

they were running a website and posting ads in the free papers.

AC

The thing that annoys me is the amount of stress and hassle the Rankines have caused us all...

About time too!

Hear Hear - there is a god after all

Time will now tell if the financial industry will still use there case as a president.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thats interesting, Momentum Network authorisation cancelled after the recent warnng from the OFT.

The strange thing is that Matrix Financial Group PLC who appear to offer the same debt purchase scheme are still authorised. They have been mentioned often on these threads.

What a difference a day makes I suppose.

I will check again tomorrow.

The strange thing is that Matrix Financial Group PLC who appear to offer the same debt purchase scheme are still authorised.

The text book "An Outline of the Law of Contract" by GH Treitel says " Assignment is the transfer of a right without the consent of the debtor. The Law does not recognise any converse process by which a liability can be transferred without the consent of the creditor" Treitel cites the House of Lords case of Linden Gardens Trust Ltd v Lenesta Sludge Disposals Ltd [1994] 1 AC 85 at 103 as authority for that proposition