You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

natalie

Someone Else's Debt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine and wasnt really sure wherre to post it.

About a year ago she allowed a "friend" to lodge at her house, within a few months he owed her a lot of money and was taking liberties so she asked him to leave. He left eventually taking stuff that belonged to her with him etc. But she wrote it all off as a bad mistake and learnt her lession.

However, since then she has had debt collection agency one after another contacting her to the sum of around £30k. She has phoned them up, and he is still using her address to gain further credit and as an address for his current debts.

Obviously this is fraud, but what is the best way to handle it? How does she get the DCAs to stop writing to her address and to accept that he doesnt live there.

The only address she has for him is a work address.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I would be tempted to go to your local council offices explain the situation and get his name taken off the electoral role if its registerred there.

It may also be helpful to contact Trading Standards to see if they have any suggestions on how to counter these phonecalls, they should be able to help at least with the phone calls and contact.

I would also seriously consider contacting the Police if he is continuing to take out further credit and putting down your friends address, as obviously fraud is taking place, and impacting on your friend.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I'd also say that if any post arrives for him then your firned must send it back marked NO LONGER AT THIS ADDRESS

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html