You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

moving on..

money stopped

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good morning

As a lone parent I have recently had to sign on for JSA. I started signing on at the beginning of May and got totally confused with the next signing on time and actually turned up a week late. When I realised I felt sick, rang Glasgow office and they said to go straight to my local job centre, fill in a late signers form. The benefit advisor said 'oh it happens', and advised that if they rejected my appeal I could forfeit a days money.The advisor also said she would call back..she didnt. I rang on the following Tuesday and was told I would have to fill in a rapid reclaim form as Glasgow had closed my claim down. This I did. In the meantime they stopped a weeks money and now housing benefit have also done the same !

Im not sure that my confusion is grounds for appeal, but i just find it so harsh to have lost so much. Is it worth trying to appeal?

regards

moving on

If you sign on late then the officer must send your case up to a decision maker. They then have to decide if there was good cause for your lateness. If they decide there is not then they can sanction your claim - for the day you were due to sign on only.

If you told them that you were sick and this was the third time in the claim history this would also close your claim. First or second periods are fine.

Unfortunately it seems they have stopped that day and this means that the benefit payments (not the actual JSA claim though) stop. You filled in a JSA4 to restart the benefit after the day you lost. When this has been processed any money you are due around the lost day will be paid to you.

If you contact the officer who made this decision in the jobcentre then they should be able to explain this to you. If they are not clear then ask them for a copy of the decision. This is emailed or faxed to the jobcentre and explains the doubt, the decision and gives the dates that the decision has been made on. If it was a day disallowance (as late signing is) then you will get all payments except that day.

Housing benefit get sent notice that your claim has been stopped and will stop their benefit until they get told otherwise. When your claim is restarted then you will be sent an award letter which you should take to Housing Benefit to prove that JSA has been reinstated.