JBDR?? anyone heard of these?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started to get a few phone calls to my landline for my girlfriend for a debt from about 3 years ago. Just wanted to know if anyone have heard of JBDR and what I will be dealing with.

So far it's phone calls to the landline which is in my name and her mobile. I've told them she does not live with me and they ask me to ask her to contact them. Basically she is living with me but just want to know if they could find this address and prove that she actually lives here.

My rent is paid and includes the council tax and all bills inclusive. Not on the electral roll either. Recently she got a Vanquis credit card so obviously this is where they got her phone numbers when the credit check was done. I know CRA's and DCA's are in cohoots with one another.

Any help would be much appreciated, the last phone call I got was this morning and I refused to give details on where she was living, the kind woman said "we will find her anyway" then promptly hung up.

The very first paragraph of their drivel.

Write-Off Debt Recovery

The JBDR knowledge base places us in a prime position to collect on behalf of debt purchase companies, post legal accounts and statute barred debt. Our strategy is suited to the particular history of these categories of debt. Again, address verification and tracing will play an important part in contributing to the successful collection of these accounts.

This might be similar to my debt with HFO. She has made payments to Lowell for this debt 2 years ago and paid them £30 a month for a year. but the original credit card was from 2000, so this debt could of been statute barred already by 2007. Need more info from her. If it was not already barred then we will have to do the other route and ask for a CCA if they have one. It's been passed to them from Lowell.

JB Debt Recovery

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Thanks Sam,

Interesting reading, like the "out of the box" thinking amongst its staff, more like "out of their box"

I really have a hatred of these DCA now, it's not the fact they are collecting money, which in all fairness is the right thing to do but it's the way they do it. The manner in which they approach and talk to you over the phone or in letters.

• 1 year later...

Long time since the last update on this but it's raised it's ugly head again. The actual debt is with HSBC and is from 2000 for 5 grand. Obviously the original debt was about 2k but they have added loads on.

The debt is now with Lowell again and Cabot are collecting it for them. They have started again with this because my girlfriend is now on the ER at our present address. Should we just sit tight for a bit or send a cca request. Money was paid of this debt in dec 2006 so not stat barred but could of already been.

Thinking of ringing them to find out the actual default date then we would actually know if it is or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Funnily enough I had a message of these people today ......... texted to my phone! They referred to their most recent contact with myself and I havent even spoken to them. The only people I have had dealing with was Cabot and that has been going on for four years. I paid a debt off in 2003/2004 through the HSBD bank by bankers draft and funnily enough they cant find record of it. Unfortunately I lost all my proof in a house move ( I have moved house 4 times since then) and as my account with HSBC was closed in 2005 they now cannot find the first three months of my bank statements (convenient) which means I cannot prove (other than 2 witness statements) that I paid it off. I cant see that JBDR are calling about the same thing, however Im at my wits end as I cant prove I paid it without help from the company and they wont help!! GRRRRRR

Funnily enough I had a message of these people today ......... texted to my phone! They referred to their most recent contact with myself and I havent even spoken to them. The only people I have had dealing with was Cabot and that has been going on for four years. I paid a debt off in 2003/2004 through the HSBD bank by bankers draft and funnily enough they cant find record of it. Unfortunately I lost all my proof in a house move ( I have moved house 4 times since then) and as my account with HSBC was closed in 2005 they now cannot find the first three months of my bank statements (convenient) which means I cannot prove (other than 2 witness statements) that I paid it off. I cant see that JBDR are calling about the same thing, however Im at my wits end as I cant prove I paid it without help from the company and they wont help!! GRRRRRR
In that case you don't have to prove anything, the onus is on them. Besides as you've made no further payments or written acknowledgement since that time it would be Statute Barred anyway. Send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred