Urgent responce needed, Parking control services ticket!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry for the repost but I replied in the template thread and realised it might not get seen!

I recently received a ticket for £75 from Parking Control Services . I was parked in a residential complex visiting a friend for the night and was on a curb with no lines, there were signs but not easily visible from where I was parked.

The ticket should be payed within 7days or it goes up to £150 + £50 administration! Crooks. The problem I have is that it is a company car and I don't want them getting the registered keeper involved i.e. my boss!!

By writing to them stating I was he driver am I in some way admitting liability? Also should |I include a cheque anyway and state that I need evidence before they cash the cheque? Also what if nobody is in the office on sat/sun to receive the cheque on recorded delivery? would they have the right to add the extra costs on even though a delivery has been attempted?

Help Would be appreciated and the sooner the better as the clock is ticking hehe

Thanks!!!!!!!

Edited by Parkinghater

Will they go as far as getting the registered car details though?

YES.

But just send a letter to your company Sec explaining that you signed a contract for being responsible for fines and not made up charges from a set of thieves.

Jogs

Hi all,

I recently received a ticket for £75 from Parking Control Services . I was parked in a residential complex visiting a friend for the night and was on a curb with no lines, there were signs but not easily visible from where I was parked.

The ticket should be payed or it goes up to £150 + £50 administration! Crooks.

Yep, crooks, absolutely right!

The problem I have is that it is a company car and I don't want them getting the registered keeper involved i.e. my boss!!

Can't really avoid that, so speak to your boss and tell him this is a [problem] invoice and you have no intention of paying and neither should he.

By writing to them stating I was he driver am I in some way admitting liability?

No you won't be admitting anything about the incident. It may get them to write to you instead of your company

Also should |I include a cheque anyway and state that I need evidence before they cash the cheque?

No! No! NOOO! THEY'LL CASH IT!!

Also what if nobody is in the office on sat/sun to receive the cheque on recorded delivery? would they have the right to add the extra costs on even though a delivery has been attempted?

They've got no right to charge yyou in the first place, so no right to add "other" charges either. But as you're not going to pay them it doesn't matter about their charges.

Help Would be appreciated and the sooner the better as the clock is ticking hehe

OK, finish reading this thread, then go to bed and never think about paying PCS again.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Edited by crem

Right... My boss is fine with me fighting this and not paying but doesn't want anything to come back on him. I'm going to send a letter stating I was the driver at the time of the alleged contravention so all further correspondence should be through me then the template letter from the forum - is this a wise idea since most of the advice I have read states don't contact them?

My question is what kind of reply can I expect from them and who else will they get involved? What's the worst case scenario tha can happen to me? Will my credit rating be affected? Sorry if you've answered these questions a million times I haven't had a great deal of time to research.

Many thanks!

Edited by Parkinghater

Ignore them. There's no point in sending any letters at all.

Worst case is that they will issue court proceedings against the registered keeper of the vehicle, who would, quite rightly, inform them that no privity of contract existed.

Should your boss inform them that you were the driver, they might issue proceedings against you, which you could defend quite easily, as even if a contract could be shown to exist, the charges constitute a penalty charge, and are therefore unlawful.

None of the above is likely, as PPCs don;t like going to court, given the additional cost to them, and the fact that they have no legal basis for their charges.

There have been extremely rare cases where judgment has been found in favour of the PPC - notably due to no shows, and / or **** poor defence. If this were to happen, the only way that anyone's credit rating would be affected would be if they refused, or were unable, to make payment in response to a court order.

Unfortunately my boss doesn't want to be involved, so I either write a letter now or wait for them to contact him and he will tell them it was me driving does it make much difference which way I go?

You have mentioned that undefended court cases are the ones that get ruled in favour of the PCC's what exactly constitutes a defense?

Also there isn't any date of contravention on the ticket, just date of issue....is this relevant at all?

Quote from back of ticket:

Administration/Lawfull issue

This parking notice has been lawfully issued and the collection procedure will be processed in accordance with the administration of justice act 1970

How funny!

Edited by Parkinghater