You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Regality

Halifax - senior member of staff tried to cover up mis-sold PPI.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

This is my first post and the first time I have used photobucket to share my images so please bear with me.

I have received my SAR back from halifax. Thank you to CAG for the template letter. I have scanned some of the documents to show you my complaint against Halifax. If anyone could help me I would be most grateful. OK...

My Halifax mis-sold PPI story, here goes.

I took out an unsecured loan with Halifax for £4000 on 18/02/02. The crafty buggers added PPI without me even knowing about it or being explained what PPI was. I was a young lad and therefore I was obviously an easy target with the old sign on the dotted line where the cross is.

See image with my edited details here

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement4000.jpg

and again here http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement4000p2.jpg

I then took out another loan on 24/08/02 for £7000. Again the sods bunged on the PPI without silly me reading the small print and knowing that I was also signing for an optional insurance.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement7000.jpg

I then lost my job as a washing machine repair man when Hotpoint had problems and Indesit took them over. Half the engineers were let go. I was given the boot in October 2002. So one day I was checking my financial position and all my outgoings, loan paperwork etc when I noticed that my 2 Halifax loan agreements had unemployment insurance. I jumped for joy. Hooray I thought. I didn't know I had purchased this insurance but I was over the moon. I went into my local branch and explained the situation. To my disbelief I was told that I should never had been sold that insurance as in the small print it stated that I had to be working in my current job for six months before I could purchase the insurance premium. The staff member who gave me the loan should have checked my details to see if I comply with the cover. I was not happy. Anyway after months of going back into the branch to complain and speaking to several different members of staff, all giving me the same bunk-em. Plus my savings were getting low as they were going on the loan repayments, and I had no real money coming in as I was still unemployed. Eventually I tried a different branch in May and this time I asked to speak to someone in charge. The senior member of staff that I spoke to was very apologetic and admitted that I had been mis-sold the PPI. I said that I could no longer afford the loan repayments as I was still unemployed and all my savings were gone. This member of staff said that the only option available to me was that she would over-ride the credit score system and give me a consolidation loan to pay off my existing loans. Then she would give me a few months holiday from my loan repayments so that I could try and get a job in the mean time (HOW RISKY!!) I had no choice but to go along with this.

See the new loan agreement here

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/newloanagreement.jpg

See here for the evidence that a Halifax senior member of staff bypassed a credit score to give a 10K loan to an unemployed person to cover a mis-sold PPI (notice the words 'Managers Discretion').

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/newloandetails.jpg

Also I have from the SAR the staff members comments with regards to pushing through the loan. Abbreviations (as per SAR): FATR = fails ability to repay, SC = score, UNEMP = unemployed, CS = credit score, UPL = unsecured personal loan.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/comments.jpg

In the end I defaulted on this loan in 2005 when I had another loss of job. I also defaulted on my Halifax bank Current account. I had a loan repayment taken out (unauthorised overdraft by a couple of quid) Then I had Bank charges to just over £200.00 all because of this unauthorised overdraft.

This loan had caused me nothing but bother and has put me 2 defaults from Halifax to my name. I was put in the position where I had no choice but to take the loan. The PPI insurance that I was paying for was worthless. My question is do I have a case in getting my money back on the several months repayments that I was out of work on the 2 original loans? I should have been covered by PPI, it's Halifax fault if they mis-sold the product?!? Can I get the defaults removed? Can I get any of the dodgy consolidation loans repayments refunded as I was put under pressure to take out the loan by this senior member of staff?

I sent off the CAG template letter yesterday for the mis-sold PPI on the 2 original loans.

I would apprieciate any help or comments. If anyone could give me an example letter of what to write I would be really grateful.

I think my case is a bit odd ball and so not so straight forward as normal mis-sold PPI and loan cases. But my story just shows what rogues the banks are and how their staff go to great lengths to cover the mis-sold agreements. To put through a 10K loan to an unemployed person is just disgraceful and totally shocking!!!

Hello regality,

Hi all,

This is my first post and the first time I have used photobucket to share my images so please bear with me.

I have received my SAR back from halifax. Thank you to CAG for the template letter. I have scanned some of the documents to show you my complaint against Halifax. If anyone could help me I would be most grateful. OK...

My Halifax mis-sold PPI story, here goes.

I took out an unsecured loan with Halifax for £4000 on 18/02/02. The crafty buggers added PPI without me even knowing about it or being explained what PPI was. I was a young lad and therefore I was obviously an easy target with the old sign on the dotted line where the cross is.

See image with my edited details here

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement4000.jpg

and again here http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement4000p2.jpg

I then took out another loan on 24/08/02 for £7000. Again the sods bunged on the PPI without silly me reading the small print and knowing that I was also signing for an optional insurance.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/loanagreement7000.jpg

I then lost my job as a washing machine repair man when Hotpoint had problems and Indesit took them over. Half the engineers were let go. I was given the boot in October 2002. So one day I was checking my financial position and all my outgoings, loan paperwork etc when I noticed that my 2 Halifax loan agreements had unemployment insurance. I jumped for joy. Hooray I thought. I didn't know I had purchased this insurance but I was over the moon. I went into my local branch and explained the situation. To my disbelief I was told that I should never had been sold that insurance as in the small print it stated that I had to be working in my current job for six months before I could purchase the insurance premium. The staff member who gave me the loan should have checked my details to see if I comply with the cover. I was not happy. Anyway after months of going back into the branch to complain and speaking to several different members of staff, all giving me the same bunk-em. Plus my savings were getting low as they were going on the loan repayments, and I had no real money coming in as I was still unemployed. Eventually I tried a different branch in May and this time I asked to speak to someone in charge. The senior member of staff that I spoke to was very apologetic and admitted that I had been mis-sold the PPI. I said that I could no longer afford the loan repayments as I was still unemployed and all my savings were gone. This member of staff said that the only option available to me was that she would over-ride the credit score system and give me a consolidation loan to pay off my existing loans. Then she would give me a few months holiday from my loan repayments so that I could try and get a job in the mean time (HOW RISKY!!) I had no choice but to go along with this.

See the new loan agreement here

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/newloanagreement.jpg

See here for the evidence that a Halifax senior member of staff bypassed a credit score to give a 10K loan to an unemployed person to cover a mis-sold PPI (notice the words 'Managers Discretion').

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/newloandetails.jpg

Also I have from the SAR the staff members comments with regards to pushing through the loan. Abbreviations (as per SAR): FATR = fails ability to repay, SC = score, UNEMP = unemployed, CS = credit score, UPL = unsecured personal loan.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/danieljrobinson/comments.jpg

In the end I defaulted on this loan in 2005 when I had another loss of job. I also defaulted on my Halifax bank Current account. I had a loan repayment taken out (unauthorised overdraft by a couple of quid) Then I had Bank charges to just over £200.00 all because of this unauthorised overdraft.

This loan had caused me nothing but bother and has put me 2 defaults from Halifax to my name. I was put in the position where I had no choice but to take the loan. The PPI insurance that I was paying for was worthless. My question is do I have a case in getting my money back on the several months repayments that I was out of work on the 2 original loans? I should have been covered by PPI, it's Halifax fault if they mis-sold the product?!? Can I get the defaults removed? Can I get any of the dodgy consolidation loans repayments refunded as I was put under pressure to take out the loan by this senior member of staff?

I sent off the CAG template letter yesterday for the mis-sold PPI on the 2 original loans.

I would apprieciate any help or comments. If anyone could give me an example letter of what to write I would be really grateful.

I think my case is a bit odd ball and so not so straight forward as normal mis-sold PPI and loan cases. But my story just shows what rogues the banks are and how their staff go to great lengths to cover the mis-sold agreements. To put through a 10K loan to an unemployed person is just disgraceful and totally shocking!!!

Do you have a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreements (CCA) on your three loans? What you have posted up in photobucket are copies of application forms. If you do not have copies of the CCA you can request one directly from the bank the fee is £1.00 and they have to supply you with a true copy of the agreement within 14 days plus 2 days for first class post delivery.

With all that you have posted up so far you will certainly have a sound case to recover the PPI premiums you have paid and the interest and you should get 8% statutory interest added if you go to the FOS or court.

Do you have any written confirmation of them admitting mis-selling of the PPI to you?

What you have posted up using photobucket does not show any enforceable Consumer Creidt Agreement within the legal guidelines of the Consumer Credit Act 1974..

Have a look in this forum for further advice.

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

for advice on this...

Can I get the defaults removed? Can I get any of the dodgy consolidation loans repayments refunded as I was put under pressure to take out the loan by this senior member of staff?

You could consider posting a thread in one of these areas.

Debt Collection Industry

Legal Issues

Sorry I cannot answer all of your questions. You should be able to get your PPI back including the interest and 8% statutory from the start of the loan to the date you sign any acceptance of settlement.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.