AVDC and my GrandParents...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this seems like a rant but this situation has got me so rilled up!

My GrandParents (both over 90, one deaf and one hard of hearing with poor eyesight) are fairly old-fashioned when it comes to things like paying bills, etc. and they pay their council tax in one lump sum, by cheque direct to Aylesbury Vale District Council at their office.

This year, they wrote a cheque on the 9th of May and took it down later in the week.

They heard nothing (as expected) util later on in June when they received a letter dated the 4th of June saying that the cheque had been rreturned as "Payment Stopped". A couple of days later (yesterday), they eacch receive a Magistrate court summons for the amount of council tax plus £65 in costs.

They called todday my mum, who asked me to pop in and see them and find out why their bank had stopped the cheque. In the mean time, my Gran went to the Council Tax office with a new cheque for the original amount + £65.

Today, I called the bank with my grandfather and they have no record of AVDC trying to cash the cheque and they certainly didn't stop it.

I am going down to the taxx office tomorrow to find out what the heck AVDC are playing at and the minimum I am going to accept is the £65 costs them charges, some costs for my and my mums time (about 8 hrs) and a full written appology and explination!

/rant

H