CRB Checks and Nursing. (Nursing Career over before its even started???)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi old_andrew2007,

If I read between the lines, do you think that my boyfriend will not have a acceptable CRB check to get on a NVQ course for Nursing ???

He should be absolutely fine as long as he's upfront and honest about it - but would like to point out that nursing isn't a NVQ course!

You know personally I had a little 'lapse' and have stated (thank god seldom ever required/forced requested) what it was and it's probably why I never got the hopeful interviews. That misdemeanor happened literally 35 years ago.

Now under the FOIA there was a request to a well known London body regarding employment of people with convictions. In four cases those 'crimes' were committed whilst long ago had direct impact on the roles those people have today.

In the end it's a view by whoever potentially employs you. The greatest obstacle is that they must assess the 'risk' factor. I think it's also nice/intriguing to know that the Police force itself employ people who also have had previous convictions in varying roles. Remember that if you disclose what you do, the people it's disclosed cannot tell others!

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

• 1 month later...

hi there

in reponse to the original query having been in a similar situation myself i have discovered that you can apply to have things "stepped down" the time scale for this depends on what the original offence was so anything tried in a majistrates court will be kept on police record for 10 years and anything tried in a crown court can be held on record for 20 years this means that if you write to the data protection officer of your local police force it will be stepped down and never show on a CRB check again

for further info re removing info from crb check ring narco on 02078406464

hi there

in reponse to the original query having been in a similar situation myself i have discovered that you can apply to have things "stepped down" the time scale for this depends on what the original offence was so anything tried in a majistrates court will be kept on police record for 10 years and anything tried in a crown court can be held on record for 20 years this means that if you write to the data protection officer of your local police force it will be stepped down and never show on a CRB check again

for further info re removing info from crb check ring narco on 02078406464

When you say 'stepped down' does this apply to enchanced CRB's dare I ask?

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

further to my above posts i have also discovered that 5 polices around the UK have actually been found in breach of the data protection act 1998 as they have retained old records which should in fact have been destroyed because of the length of time since the offence so i suspect that many forces around the UK will now be forced to delete things which should have been done a long time since see link below

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/pressreleases/2008/police_enforcement_tribunal_decision210708.pdf

makes me wonder what other government agencies have that they shouldnt after having worked for one for nearly 12 years i know that it will be mainly irrelevant