really desperate for help with my welcome hp agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a joint finance with bf in 2006 for a car which has a hp welcome finance agreement. We did nott ake out ppi, but did take shortfall.

We paid with no problems until early this year due to me being out of work (am back in work now) and made a payment each month which was just over a third of our monthly amount we should have been paying.

They kept wanting us to sign a new agreement but when the account was passed to another branch they said it was not in our interest to signanother agreement that would tie us to 120 months instead of the remaining 12 left paying the full amount.

we had asked for statements from the previous branch to see how much we owed and were getting no where so after getting advice we sent something called a subject access request.

when we got the statement there were all sorts of adhoc fees and something called capitalisation fee, and even when I deducted these off when doing the calculations and deducting payments made which showed on the statement, nothing balanced.

I then checked the monthly payments times total months and it does not balance as what says on the agreement.

We sent a letter of complaint after being advised by the fsa asking for how they met these calculations as using an apr calculator still didn't match what was on our agreement.

we stopped paying saying we were not happy to pay further until this was resolved and I think this was a huge error on my part.

They replied to the letter of complaint not really answering anything propoerly and we have now got in touch with the fos and have a form to complete and send back to fos asap.

I got home today and have received a default letter which has really scared me. I am really worried that I stopped paying but it was only 1 month we paid nothing and june is not over yet anyway.

the letter we sent asked all sorts of questions about insurance details, apr rates and figures that don't balance, asking for documents that were not provided in the sar but are mentioned in the telephone logs.

my partner has a recording of a telephone conversation with them where they were happy about being recorded and they kept saying the letter of complaint did not put the account into dispute but we are disputing the balance owed and other items, yes we owe money but we don't agree with the balance they say. we have paid a lot to this loan and really do not want to lose a lot of money paid.

I looked on credit file but the default is not yet showing but the wierd thing is the loan says 49 months not 48?

can anyone advise as we are really worried and really don't know what to do. sorry about the long thread but this was a very nasty shock and we are pretty anxious right now.

alice

Hi and Welcome

Can you scan/photo the DN onto your thread so we can check it out and also make sure you remove personal details and amounts before posting?

In your subject access request did they happen to send you a copy of your agreement? If they did can you post this as well?

Any info you can scan or photo onto your thread will help everyone to advise you better.

There is plenty of threads about Welcome on the forum if you click on the search button and type in Welcome Finance you will be able to see them and I would suggest that you have a read through them if you haven't already it will help you to see what sort of monkeys you are dealing with.

The DN if of the right format will not show on your credit file immediately as they have to give you a date to settle the overdue amount by.

Hope this is of some help to you andd I am sure there will be plenty of caggers around later, as like me, some of them may only just have finished work.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi and Welcome

Can you scan/photo the DN onto your thread so we can check it out and also make sure you remove personal details and amounts before posting?

don't have a scanner but can try to take a photo, sorry

In your subject access request did they happen to send you a copy of your agreement? If they did can you post this as well?

I have a copy of the agreement and will try to take a photo.

Any info you can scan or photo onto your thread will help everyone to advise you better.

There is plenty of threads about Welcome on the forum if you click on the search button and type in Welcome Finance you will be able to see them and I would suggest that you have a read through them if you haven't already it will help you to see what sort of monkeys you are dealing with.

The DN if of the right format will not show on your credit file immediately as they have to give you a date to settle the overdue amount by.

Hope this is of some help to you andd I am sure there will be plenty of caggers around later, as like me, some of them may only just have finished work.

thanks for replying, its just so difficultnot to panic right now

I know it's hard not to panic but you have come to the right place, I was like you only a few short months ago but with all the help from the caggers we successfully had a court case struck out. I say we by way of the caggers without their help I would have been totally lost.

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

my bf is so angry at me for convincing him we should stop paying whilst in dispute. I know that was a big mistake and he is really angry with me.

we were paying, it was a lower amount but we were getting no where with our queries so we said in our letter of complaint that we would not be ahppy to pay further until the issues were addressed

my bf is so angry at me for convincing him we should stop paying whilst in dispute. I know that was a big mistake and he is really angry with me.

we were paying, it was a lower amount but we were getting no where with our queries so we said in our letter of complaint that we would not be ahppy to pay further until the issues were addressed

Hi Alice did you get your car hp agreement direct from welcome or through a broker?

it was through a company called Ucan at a CarCraft store. I'm not really sure who we applied to originally but it ended up with Welcome being the financer

Ok Alice.. Firstly i will look into ucan. I cant say to much at the moment but you may have nothing to worry about. Need to check a couple of things first.

second point is that if you have paid over 2/3rds of the loan they can not take your car back with out a court order. It is unlikley with the info you have given so far they will get that.

Thirdly the wording of your default notice basicly means its not worth the paper its written on. but others on here will be able to help you with that.

it was through a company called Ucan at a CarCraft store. I'm not really sure who we applied to originally but it ended up with Welcome being the financer

Would also advise you issue ucan with a subject access request as well.

the address is as follows. Include a £10 postal order as payment and DO NOT sign anything. I will pm you a specific piece of information you need to request from them, as part of a normal SAR.

Data Protection Request

Compliance Department

uCan Car Credit

Nixon Street

Rochdale

OL11 3JW

49 MONTHS NOT 48

CREATIVE ACCOUNTING BY WELCOME AS USUAL

I NEED TO SEE THE AGREEMENT

GO INTO AN INTERNET CAFFE OR LIBARY

USE PHOTO BUCKET (GOOGLE IT)

USE THE UPLOAD LINK FOR MESSAGE BOARDS WITH OUT THUMBNAILS OPTION

LEAVE IN THE FIGURES BUT DELEATE PERSONEL DETAILS

DO ME A FAVOUR AND CALL THIS NUMBER

ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE ANY RECORD OF INSURANCE PRODUCTS IN YOUR NAME, IF THEY DO, GET THEM TO SEND IT

LET ME KNOW THE OUT COME

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

welcome already told me to call them when we asked about the shortfallinsurance as there was nothing from the sar about any insurances taken out which we thought was wierd.

Direct Group sent us a policy for the shortfall with t&c's included although this was the first time we have seen it.

yes we got a document in the sar that shows someone got paid £53 and it has authorised signatures on it

That £53 is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I think me and post may both be having the same thoughts on this one. Have sent you a pm with a paragraph you need to include in you SAR to ucan.

If we are right its not you who needs to be worried but welcome.

hi alice just come to your thread from the welcome link, after reading that the default notice has not specific date on just 14 days dont worry and also as you have paid more than 1/3rd of the amount they cant come and colllect the car either, you are in the right place to get help now postjgg is on the case so dont worry, when did you take out your agreement??

yes we got a document in the sar that shows someone got paid £53 and it has authorised signatures on it

BRILL

MADE MY DAY

CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME THAT DOC OR SEND IT BY EMAIL, ILL PM MY EMAIL IF NEEDED

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D