You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

chinchin

Bank Charges Hardship Ruling

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening all

About 6 months ago I wrote to lloyds tsb asking for them to look at my bank charges claim (aprox £2500) under the hardship ruling as stated by the FSA, I was just starting a DMP at the time and literally could not afford to pay any of my bills- my current account at the time demonstarted this with at least £200 in charges hitting a month- to cut a long story short they wrote back stating that I didnt qualify for the hardship rules and thatI would have to wait like everyone else- is it worth starting the process again???

I also had a loan with lloyds tsb which i believe i was missold PPI on- the guy basically said that I would only get the loan if i took the insurance- it was then added to the loan- I complained after about 2 years (after becoming a bit more savvy) only to be told that there was no proof and that all lloyds tsb staff are trained and would never do such a thing, I reluctantly cancelled the PPI bringing my loan payments down by a couple of pounds each month and effectively losing me £1000s would I be able to pick this complain up again??

Thanks for your help

Chinchin

You can certainly begin their PPI complaints begin an effect you have nothing to lose. However the evidential problem may be an obstacle to success. Still why not try. I'm sure that your story is probably true. We hear too often. Not only that, we now understand far more about the level of integrity of our UK banks.

You could begin the hardship process again if you want -- you would be much better off starting a court claim your charges and adding your 8% interest. The chances are that they will stop paying out by the end of the year and your 8% will be a very good rate of interest by today's standards

No expert but thought I would let you know my experience.I made a Hardship claim to Barclays on MAY 6TH 2009 for a total of £5500.00They wanted income/ependiture on their paperwork requested May 29 2009. I sent straight back. I received on June 15th 2009 a Goodwill settement of £4100.00 which has been cleared to new bank.I'm obviously pretty delighted thanks to all who helped me on this site.Bit between my teeth now-can anyone advise me wether I can continue to pursue the balance of £1400. If so is it still adjudged to be a Hardship claim.Any suggestions very welcomeRegardsHenderson50

No expert but thought I would let you know my experience.I made a Hardship claim to Barclays on MAY 6TH 2009 for a total of £5500.00They wanted income/ependiture on their paperwork requested May 29 2009. I sent straight back. I received on June 15th 2009 a Goodwill settement of £4100.00 which has been cleared to new bank.I'm obviously pretty delighted thanks to all who helped me on this site.Bit between my teeth now-can anyone advise me wether I can continue to pursue the balance of £1400. If so is it still adjudged to be a Hardship claim.Any suggestions very welcomeRegardsHenderson50

The likelihood is no because the £4100 was the hardship part of your claim. The £1400 is still on the table at the conclusion of the OFT test case.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

is the bank charge thing going to be reviewed again anytime soon does anyone know?

The waiver ? - 27th (ish) july 2009

End of the test case ? anyone's guess

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf