You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
nino

Skyeurope: 1year On I'm Still Waiting For A Refund!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4005 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello fellow consumers ! Here is my story!

Special internet offer booked in July 2008 online to go to Bratislava, for me and my wife. I paid and printed the ticket which clearly shows the total price for two passengers.

4 weeks before we are due to fly they sent me an email:they had to cancel the flight and were to put us on another one. I had made special arrangements that involved missing connections and cost me more, so I declined and I asked for a refund.

Since then, Oct 08 , there have been numerous emails promising and also confirming a refund was on its way ! They were writing from Slovakia, Bulgaria and even Romania ! Each message apologised for the refund delay and promising swift remedial action ! But nothing was ever refunded.

A few weeks ago I received an email from Romania asking for my bank details as they no longer make refunds to the credit card companies !! I called the tel number on the email and got some reassurance it was not a con ; so I emailed them the details.

However, I had by then realised by looking at my bank statement that they had debited my account for TWICE the price of the tickets : yets, two separate transactions for the same price of two passengers !

I told them so and they ....referred me to their complaint office , from which I received a standard email reply.

I am still waiting......

WHAT ACTION CAN I TAKE ?

Thanks for any advice you may give me .

regards

Anybody there ?

Have I quoted an ackward subject here ?????!

And what about the fellow member you ha reported problems with Wizz-Air ?!

I'm afraid it looks as if you have been conned.

"BRATISLAVA, June 22 (Reuters) - Slovak-based SkyEurope Airlines said on Monday it had obtained creditor protection from a Bratislava District Court to restructure its debt, as it seeks new equity investors".

"Consumer groups want safeguards as the low-cost airline carrier SkyEurope goes into administration"

SkyEurope sparks fears of more airline failures - Telegraph

They obviously saw this coming in 2008 and wanted to hang on to as much money as they could.

Your best bet is to get your bank or Credit Card company (if that is how you paid) to help you.

Edited by Conniff

Thanks for that piece of News. I never had any doubt they had conned me! But my question was: what steps can I take to make them refund me ?

Would Atol help ? I never suspected they were in financial trouble , because they keep sending me these very colourfull emails advertising great fares to their destinations.

Is this legal , considering they may fold up at any time if not enough funds are made available to their creditors ?

I have booked a flight with Wizz Air this Autumn: I pray if will not follow the same fate as SkyEurope.

regards

There is nothing you can do at present as they have been granted protection from their creditors by the court in Bratislava.

If they fail to attract any further investment they could be put into Liquidation, but all that means is you will be at the bottom of the pile when it comes to sharing out their assets so are very unlikely to get anything back.

You haven't said how you paid for it. If it was by Credit Card, then contact the CC co and ask for a chargeback although they may say you have to wait until they are Liquidated first.

I paid for the tickets using my Abbey visa debit card. I have written to Abbey and the answer was :

"Due to Visa regulations we have 120 days from the date of the transaction to reclaim the money back from the company. May I advise you contact the merchant or teh Citizen Advice Buereau for further assistance."

Great !

Is it a lost cause , then ?

I'm afraid it does look that way.

They are heavily in debt and have had some of their aircraft seized when they have landed at foreign airports, Paris Orly Airport seized one a couple of days ago as they owe a lot in airport taxes.

Because of the debts and the problems in the airtravel industry as a whole, if they go into liquidation then no one will want to buy their aircraft so they will not be able to get funds to pay the debts they have.

They are still hopeing that someone somewhere in the world will invest in them, but the present climate makes that unlikely and they will go the way quite a few airlines have gone in the past 18 months.

If they did liquidate, you would be at the very bottom of the que for any refund as the commercial creditors would be the first to be paid.

Abbey isn't quite correct. In the case of flights, it is 120 days from the flight departure date, not the transaction date.

Sorry to have to say that.

I have just re-read your original post.

When did the fraudulent debit take place because the Visa rules state 120 days from when you noticed the problem??

Edited by Conniff

Thank you so much Conniff.

The double dr entry was made to my account on 14th July 2008 and shown on that month bank statement.

The flight date was to be on 15 Nov 2008.

I first wrote to Abbey on this subject on 29 May 2009.

It looks like whichever way one looks at it, the matter is well past the 120 days...

Perhaps I should put the matter to rest.

Don't give up too easily nino, email Visa Europe - enquiries.europe@visa.com

Explain the situation that the airline have promised to refund on numerous occassions and that is why you missed the 120 days deadline and 'ask' them if there is any way they can help you.

Mention the double charge (but not the date you noticed just yet), to them as well.

You have nothing to lose by trying.

I have sent an email to the address you have quoted me.

We shall see.

Thanks you

Nino

What I would do is this:

I would send an email to their head office demanding the refunds be carried out by a certain amount of days and advise them that if they do not refund your money you will forward your complaint to the airport directors here in the UK.

My local airport has Sky Europe flights every day

Well, here is VISA's (standard letter) reply to my email .

Basically: go back to your bank , nothing to do with us !

And as for the Airport director : do you think that a company that has been cheating for over a year would give a jota about me writing a letter to a...director (?!). C'mon.

It is clear to me now that nowadays to be honest and law abiding does not pay.

This event adds itself up to what I suffered last year : a car crash with an uninsured eastern european driver. It was entirely his fault, he admitted it but ...the law let him off scot free by doing absolutely nothing to try and bring him to account. He is now back home and I have suffered a loss of a thousand or so pounds.

Thank you all for reading my postings and try to help.

Nino

I seem to have left out Visa's reply. Here it is:

Unfortunately, Visa cannot progress this case on your behalf, since Visa does not have access to, or jurisdiction over, cardholder accounts.

It may help you if I explain the role of Visa Europe. Visa Europe is an association of member banks. Banks join Visa to either issue cards to their customers (e.g. yourself) or sign up retailers to accept the cards. Our members are responsible for all account management and billing inquiries. Account information is confidential and is proprietary to the issuing bank and the cardholder.

As Visa members, the banks agree to abide by a set of rules and regulations. This ensures that the payment system works for everyone using it – wherever they are around the world. When the bank signs up a cardholder, they have to ensure that their terms and conditions accommodate the standard requirements of the Visa association.

As you are aware, in cases of disputed sale transactions, you may be eligible for a chargeback. Chargebacks are reversals of disputed sales transactions.

Visa chargeback rules and regulations apply to all Visa credit and debit cards. As a Visa cardholder you have a right to approach your bank and ask them to request a refund if the goods and services you purchased with your debit or credit card are not supplied as specified. This also applies in the case where a merchant ceases trading.

Please contact your card-issuing bank for detailed advice about chargebacks. You can contact them directly, using the address or telephone number on your Visa statement or on the back of your card.

unquote

Nino

That is true that they personally don't do the chargebacks, but is a good explanation.

I would now approach the bank and tell them you have been in contact with Visa and they have told you to come to them for initiation of chargeback.

If the bank says they can't do anything, you can tell them 'that is not what Visa says'.

They don't like doing chargebacks because if they do too many, they get a bollocking from Visa, so go for it.

I wouldn't show them the reply, that's personal to you.

Also, unconnected with your problem, there is the confirmation that many in other threads wouldn't believe and have been told by their banks, that chargeback can also be done with Visa debit cards.

Conniff,

I have written the letter and I will report back to this forum with Abbey/Santander 's reply.

Thank you

SUCCESS.

I have been refunded by Abbey.

File in your claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your support and advices.

I hope this will set a new precedent.

Regards

Nino