You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I'm a fairly new landlord. I have an ongoing problem with my ex-tenant which is detailed in another thread, but meanwhile I have another question:

What exactly are Sections 8 & 21? From what I've read on threads here, it seems to relate to giving notice to tenants, but which part relates to what?

Any & all advice welcome!!

TIA :)

There is a sticky on it above

I think you need some professional help/a good Landlord book ASAP!

God knows what else you havent done;

- DPS?

- Gas Saftey?

- EPC?

Many thanks Latvia3 - I shall take a look now. :D

Actually Planner I DO have the following:

DPS -If you bothered to read my other thread, it makes mention of this. i.e. the deposit is fully protected as required by law.

Gas Safety - The certificate is current until November.

EPC - The EPC requirement came in just as I let my house, so YES I DO have one!

I came on here to ask advice not for sarky comments. If you have something constructive to say, then I shall be happy to engage. If not, then don't bother!

I wont bother then.

Section 8 Notice of Seeking Possession you would serve for rent arrears, either using ground 8 (mandatory) or grounds 10 and 11 (discretionary).

Section 21 Notice of Seeking Possession you would use to bring a tenancy to an end for any other reason you may have.

I think all Planner meant was cover your backside if you are starting out as a landlord - the horror stories on here from both landlords and tenants speak for themselves.

Hello jackieandwayne

Yes - I think that was what Planner meant, but it came out all wrong to me! I felt the way his comments were couched was not helpful. I've read a great many threads on here, and I did think the Sections 8 & 21 referred to eviction and grounds for the same, but wanted to make sure...

I have another thread which refers to my ex-tenant trouble. So far, I've gone by the book, and in any case the tenant DID move out so the S8 & 21 as I understand it would not have applied.

But I'm a great believer in the adage 'Knowledge is Power', which is why I asked the question.

Many thanks for your comments and help anyway! :)