natwest charges refused

lauraM1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have three charges places on my account, two from when i changed DD dates and completely forgot, the third was an error from specsavers, so im hoping to claim it back from them.

I explained the situation to Natwest and sent in my budget summary, proof of what i paid out and explained that i was a single parent and showed them my benefit proof. this clearly showed that there was nothing to spare.

they took the money out of my account leaving it in a minus - the three charges of £38 each. i was due to have some money paid into the account from someone that owed it to me, i called the bank and explained the situation to them, they assured me that as a one off, whilst my case was being decided, i could draw out the money that was paid in and not the left over amount by the time the three charges came out. So of course i believed them and didnt make alternative arrangements for the money.

This turned out to be a lie and i lost over £100 from the three £38 charges. Ive complained about being mislead by the bank - no reply.

Since then ive had a letter to say that they are not willing to refund the charges as they are seen as fair and as it was my fault, its irrelevant of my situation, so ive lost all that money.

is this really the end of the line?

thanks.

No it is not the end of line. Keep fighting and they will give in. The banks do and will do anything either in writing and verabally to put you off. If you show weakness once they will never listen to you.

Fight for your right if they did not or do not care wheather your child have enough money for his food or not so why should you.

Let all us consumers join and keep fighting in a corrupt system where a common person gets prison or CCJS for a tenner and corrupt bankers get pension in millions after Ruining their own institution and the same banks pay them bounties.

Where is British justice and democracy. Sometimes feel like living in Cuba Iraq Or Afghansitan ( a law less state )

Keep fighting do not give in Threat them legal Actions and these coward morons will give in.

Hussy

I think you need a letter demanding a refund of the charges and which mentions UTCCR 1999.

There is a good sample letter you can adapt on the Bank Templates link :-

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Look for #Article 3 - Letter Preliminary approach for payment.

Then, if you don't get a satisfactory response you might consider #Article 4 - Letter before Action - Bank charges

With regards to Article 3, you may need to edit out some things in red e.g. if you have not been issued with a Default Notice then leave that para out.

I suggest, have a look, if you're are not sure then come back - with a prototype letter and post it up for comments (remove your ID, address and account no)

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

yes i did. i copied a letter that was here and there was a space for me to put why i wanted the charges refunded now so i explained about being a single parent, showed them proof of my benefit money, rent, water rates, budget summary etc. this all tallied up and there was zero left over as disposable income.

they still refused the charges saying that the charges were seen as fair due to me missing the DD dates.

so what is my next step now? £126 is a hell of a lot of money for me, and although this wasnt my benefit money it came from, it was still my money that was paid into the account that someone had owed me from a job i did months ago, that didnt affect my benefits because it was below the £20 a week allowance, just paid in bulk cos there had been a mistake with it.

yes i did. i copied a letter that was here and there was a space for me to put why i wanted the charges refunded now so i explained about being a single parent, showed them proof of my benefit money, rent, water rates, budget summary etc. this all tallied up and there was zero left over as disposable income.

they still refused the charges saying that the charges were seen as fair due to me missing the DD dates.

so what is my next step now? £126 is a hell of a lot of money for me, and although this wasnt my benefit money it came from, it was still my money that was paid into the account that someone had owed me from a job i did months ago, that didnt affect my benefits because it was below the £20 a week allowance, just paid in bulk cos there had been a mistake with it.

If there wasn't arrears on priority debts then they wouldn't have offered a refund and for £114 or £126 it is below what could be considered hardship.

I think the issue I would have is about the specific advice itself because the banks charges is one issue and access to the money was a different issue, however, as I have joined this discussion way too late to be able to help with the amount paid in, the argument is futile now.

Did you write to the branch of Customer Services Response Unit in Edinburgh?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Laura

Yourbank has a valid point but I am not sure wehather you can take it to Financial Ombudsman?

I have read Natwest agreement and they say If we can not solve it then you can take it to Ombudsman but Please (lol) dispute with us first.

I would give them Ombudsman threat with Extra interest and penalties.

Hussy

Hi Laura

Yourbank has a valid point but I am not sure wehather you can take it to Financial Ombudsman?

I have read Natwest agreement and they say If we can not solve it then you can take it to Ombudsman but Please (lol) dispute with us first.

I would give them Ombudsman threat with Extra interest and penalties.

NOOOOOOOO!. on what grounds is the case going to the FOS?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

right i see, so you mean because i do not have any other debts apart from one that i pay £10 monthly on , they wouldnt have considered a refund?

i have complained about the advice i was given, still no reply. that went to an address that i was given by branch, cant remember it now though.

the address on the letter about the bank charges being refused is borehamwood, customer relations department.

sorry i dont really understand what Ombudsman is, im guessing the next stage?

i think i am going to have to admit defeat arent i? even though i have no disposable income, it looks like because it is my mistake they took their chance with the money paid in and thats it it seems.

il definitely learn by this expensive lesson.

but wouldnt it of been dealt by them then? surely only one department can deal with them? if mines been refused then is it worth my going through a different address?

Depends on the wording really. If the response you had made reference to the OFT test case then its all fine and dandy as your claim has been registered.

yeah if mentioned that as i got the letter from here and that was in it and then also a space for me to put about being on benefits etc, but the claim was rejected and told that the charges were seen as fair.

heard nothing back though about the complaint i made about being told the incorrect info about the money paid into the account - read the first posting

yeah if mentioned that as i got the letter from here and that was in it and then also a space for me to put about being on benefits etc, but the claim was rejected and told that the charges were seen as fair.

heard nothing back though about the complaint i made about being told the incorrect info about the money paid into the account - read the first posting

I think had I been you I would have added what the money was for and the consequences of not being able to use the money plus when you weren't able to take the money, the cost and inconvenience of that misinformation.

Bank charges for me is one issue

Being deprived of money that you legitimately earned and was to be used to, for example, feed yourself, is another matter.

Hi Laura

Ombudsman is an independent body which deals with financial disputes free of charge.

This happens to me every month I have barclay account they call it premier account and kept charging me £25 as a fee per month on top of thatthey still keep charging me overdrawn fees and failed direct debits.

They would not pay £20 to a direct debit Charge me £35 as soon as my wage Comes in.

This routine is been going for years now I earn 250 a week and pay 100 to 200 in fees to bank plus failed payment credit card people charge me £12.

I made a top up of £5 on my phone through debit card it went through I was overdrawn but it still went through... surprise surprise

barclay charged me overdrawn fee £35 next day , A £5 top up cost me £100 as when barclays deducted charges My mortgage debit failed they charge me £50 and as the accont was overdrawn 3 days letter Capital pne Payment bounced They Charge £12.

The Moral of the story is that these banks do operate on unfair policies their bosses get pension in Millions and staff gets bonus expenses and other incentives, where do these money come from?

It is all wrong unfair and dishonest someone like myself yourself dont pay £10 gets dreagged to the courts and these bankers have ruined the economy and are being paid in pension in millions and still being called SIR>

we all need to get togather to fight injustice.

Hussy

ok so in short - do i have anywhere to go from here on is this it, they have looked into, decided it was my fault and took the money and thats it?

the complaint about being told i could access the money is one issue, but heard nothing on that yet so maybe i should chase it

Please please please come up to date with what is going on. SSAA 1992 does not cover benefits going into a bank account. Steven4064 has a whole thread dedicated to this.

• Haha 1

no i dont in to that account.

so am i right in saying that on this occasion they are well within their rights to take the three charges and i cannot get them refunded as my circumstances arent hardship enough?

does anyone know what is to happen with regards to the complaint about being told the incorrect information on the telephone about having access to my money?