• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st Credit & Marbles credit card debt - Phone Calls

Poolio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm an avid reader of these forums but haven't contributed for quite some time. I am usually very good at handling phone calls from these people and stick to the 'I will only communicate in writing' line.

The situation with 1st Credit is that

I sent a CCA request last year (august), they still called for a while but then it calmed down.

Then in about february I got a letter from ScotCall, I sent them the standard dispute letter from these forums

and the account was passed back to 1st credit.

I then received a 'dodgy' letter from 1st credit which was fishing for me to send them my signature.

I ignored this but eventually received a signed application form for the credit card in question..

....It is clearly unenforceable though as prescribed terms are missing.

I sent them a dispute letter and explained why the document they sent wasn't a proper agreement which they have now countered.

Their stance is it is an enforceable agreement full stop

What is my next step?

Should I just ignore them and every call they make and letter I receive, report to the OFT, etc?

Yesterday though I got a phone call from them and am not sure why I got involved.

The bloke on the other end was an antagonistic fellow and spoke down to me saying things like

'our letter is clearly beyond your understanding'.

I debated and told him why the document they sent was false but

he ignored me and kept spouting the same drivel.

Eventually I got so stressed I called him a '****ing prick' and then put the phone down.

I don't like to swear at people and I felt guilty so

I phoned back and apologised which he accepted and I said take me to court if you like.

He said 'for your own good we don't want to take you to court', yeah right!!!!

and he said the ball is in my court,

I have to go to citizens advice and prove the agreement is unenforceable.

That isn't the end of it though.

I received 2 more calls this afternoon,

the first I said I would only communicate in writing and put the phone down.

Then 5 minutes later I received a call on my mobile,

this time a woman from 1st credit who didn't know someone called me 5 minutes ago,

furthermore she said I had never been sent a personalised letter from 1st credit

which I knew was false as their last letter to me attempted to answer my points

and was not from a template.

Again I got drawn in and she continued spouting drivel,

I told her to take me to court and a judge will throw out the case

and she then tried a moral approach and said

'do you deny ever having this card? you must pay back your debts, it is only right', etc.

Eventually I said 'I've nothing further to say, this account is in dispute until you provide a valid agreement.

I'm not paying anything to you, please take me to court.' to which she replied 'Ok, we will.'

I am not worried about it going to court as I have recently lost my job and am on job seekers allowance,

I have little savings and rent so could only be ordered to pay a minimal amount back per month,

a CCJ doesn't bother me. This is all irrelevant though as they don't have a valid agreement....

I just want to ask are they likely to take me to the county court?

Also, what do I do next?

I have told them their document is not enforceable and the account is in dispute.

Do I just ignore all phone calls and letters from them

and report them to the appropriate authorities?

Or should I write them a final letter?

I know I broke the golden rule of speaking to them on the phone

so deserve a slap on the wrist,

does it go against me in court if I swore at them on the phone (if they recorded it),

will they use anything I said against me!?

Thanks;)

1) Chill;)

2) If it's unenforcable it's unenforcable. Let them take you to court and look stupid.

3) Send telephone harassment letter. Template is somewhere.

4) Contact Consumer Direct / Trading standards 08454 040506.

5) Let the DCA know trading standards are involved

Edited by kurvaface
spelling

do you think if they had and enforceable agreement they woul dhave passed your account scotcall rather than take you to court?

me no thinks so.

you have told them where you stand and i would just file any letters you get and donlt get caught into their childish calls

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)