Please help... clarifications needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i am in need of clarifications, regarding running account credit agreement.

Parties me, (PS), finace company (A) and services company (B).

so the story: PS contact B for provision of services... B says yes, no problem, but it will cost ££££££. PS accept the offer.

The payments are taken by A, and when PS misses 1 payment, A sends a default notice under s.87(1) CCA 1974. So PS write to A (19/06 recorded delivery) with proposal of remedy to default and dispute default notice.

Today PS receives a letter from B (in A's envelope )saying B have arranged a Running Account (credit agreement ref: xyzt)for me to pay A for the services provided by B.

Confusing? yeah i bet i is.... now PS have not signed such Running Account Credit agreement, nor was aware of one of this needed.

as far as PS concerned, A was collecting PS payments on B behalf.

So Clarification time:

Should PS have a signed credit agreement for a running account?

If not is A allowed to issue a default notice without a contract?

Thanks pinky so just to recap....

is PS right to assume that the default notice is invalid, and should A or B terminate the contract under that default notice... Both A and B have breached the contract?

Thanks again for your help.

They haven't breached a credit agreement - there isn't one. I don't know why a finance company was collecting what was essentially a bill for services. You need to ask B for a copy of the contract for services so you know exactly what is going on with both A and B.