You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

My partner has just given me his P60 for last year and I dont think it is right. Infact his pay code is wrong, this is the first we know of it as they havent given him payslips since he started in November 2008! We have written them a formal letter of complaint which they have 8 days left to respond to.

I will be claiming back the tax he has overpaid but is there anything he can do about the amount of NI he has paid.

He earnt 6186.86, I have calculated he should have paid £30.33 tax and £78.28 in NI contributions. Yet he has paid £733.60 in tax and 431.37 in NI contributions.

Also, he has finally received his first pay slips for April and May 2009. But I am skeptical about how accurate these are. He gets paid weekly and these pay slips are for monthly periods! Are they allowed to do this. Also, he gets paid an hourly amount and considering there are a different amount of days in these months I am at a loss to explain how he has earnt exactly the same both months. My conclusion is they must be wrong but I dont know how I can check as they give him cash sometimes and othertimes he gets a cheque which he goes and cashes at cheque cashing shop much to my annoyance.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

Infact I actually believe he has only received these pay slips as a result of the formal complaint letter that I wrote for him. And I believe they are completely fabricated to try and satisfy the complaint and avoid him taking it to an employment tribunal. They never pay him when they are meant to either, he will get the odd bit here and there! grrr really need help on this one!

Thanks

Go and see the Inland Revenue. They are believe it or not really fair towards ordinary people who work for employers. It's the ones who try to shaft the system they are interested in. You might be surprised and get a rebate from years gone by.

They will sort it out very quickly, will be very discreet as well if you ask them.

HMRC is much maligned but they generally do a pretty good job and are not there to screw you.