• Tweets

• It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC 'ignore' is their policy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have requested credit agreement on 8th May s77/8 CCA

14th May received a blank agreement and reams of old/new conditions from HSBC which was obviously not what I asked for.

Sent 22nd May in dispute letter asking again for agreement.

26th received response stating they have complied.

29th May sent them my reponse, no you havn't .. try again.

19th June sent CPR 31.6 request for the agreement.

Today I have received the letter posted below.

She says they have not had a response...tosh. They have passed it onto Metropolitan (Is this HSBC's in-house DCA?). Can they do this when there is a dispute?

Plus she says I now have a default as reported to Experian, Equifax & Callcredit....Can I challenge this i.e. we are in dispute?

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC.jpg

Time also to complain to OFT and FSO?

greatburdon

Edited by greatburdon
remove personal details

Hi,

Have requested credit agreement on 8th May s77/8 CCA

14th May received a blank agreement and reams of old/new conditions from HSBC which was obviously not what I asked for.

Sent 22nd May in dispute letter asking again for agreement.

26th received response stating they have complied.

29th May sent them my reponse, no you havn't .. try again.

19th June sent CPR 31.6 request for the agreement.

Today I have received the letter posted below.

She says they have not had a response...tosh. They have passed it onto Metropolitan (Is this HSBC's in-house DCA?). Can they do this when there is a dispute? No they can't but yes they will/do

Plus she says I now have a default as reported to Experian, Equifax & Callcredit....Can I challenge this i.e. we are in dispute? If you dispute the validity of their "agreement" then it will take a court to uphold such a dispute as in "is it an agreement or or not?" They already know whether the agreement is enforceable or not, they are hoping you don't know - it's a game of "who blinks first"

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC.jpg

Time also to complain to OFT and FSO? I would think so :D

greatburdon

Standard fayre for faceless financial institutions such as these, they rely on your ignorance to make a profit

Received back a letter posted below which had enclosed my letter, also posted. I have already sent the 'you do not need my sig. letter' to a Ms. Hancock as part of my SAR, will she see this letter on their system?

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC1.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC-2.jpg

My returned letter has 'charged off' hand written at the top, anyone know what this means?

Also their letter is 'without prejudice' so presumably to be kept from the District Judge.

I am thinking of responding with the follow up CPR 31.16 letter making it clear that a sig. is not required but sign in an anti-tamper box, therefore keeping the timetable on track.

Any thoughts anyone please?

I can only assume they do not have a copy of an agreement to hand and are just fobbing off.

Thanks

greatburdon

Edited by greatburdon

Standard HSBC drivel. In trying to be clever, they have shot themselves in the foot:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter dated (date), the content of which is noted.

Whilst there is no legislation that requires me to supply a signature in these circumstances, it appears that you are not certain of my identity. You will be aware that pursuing a debt when not certain of the debtor's identity is contrary to the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection, and is considered an unfair practice.

It is surprising that you were apparently sufficiently satisfied of my identity whilst sending demands for payment, only to become uncertain when faced with a perfectly valid request for documentation following your threats of legal action.

In the circumstances I am unable to enter into any further correspondence until you have complied with my request under the Civil Procedure Rules. Take notice that any proceedings you bring will be robustly defended, and your non-compliant behaviour brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities.

Yours etc.

HSBC do appear to make a habit of trying to confuse. In my various skirmishes with them (all of which I've won), they claimed no less than six times not to have received letters for which they'd signed: each of their letters apparently came from a different person at a different office, which appeared designed to confuse: they persisted with non-compliant behaviour despite several complaints (to which they failed to respond properly). However, it seems that a lot of it is just process and incompetence; there appears to be no oversight that flags up problems and stops the activity continuing. When it gets to DG (their in-house solicitors), they eventually see sense and give up.

One of my HSBC threads.

Sent a letter before action stating that they had 7 days to comply with my SAR otherwise I would invite the court to make them do so. Received the following, they quote a section of the Data Protection Act (I keep stating there is no legislation which requires me to provide a sig.):

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC01.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/HSBC02.jpg

Do I just accept the revised timetable that they have now set?

Their acceptance of my signature is purely because of the legal threat.

Also they state that the Insurance account is a seperate entity so do I SAR them seperately as indicated by them? I am loathe to accept anything they say.

greatburdon

Edited by greatburdon

Am I being quite stupid or have I missed something??

Did you send this bunch of half-heads a Subject Access Request or a CPR request?

Because this Sue Halfwit only refers to the Data Protection Act and the time limits given for issuing information under a Subject Access Request...... but if you made a CPR request then these will be different??

Just wondering?

Cheers

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Hi UnitedFront. I have sent a subject access request to which I am getting the 'we dont know who you are' runaround from Sue.

I also sent a CCA and laterly a CPR request for my credit card agreement which is being dealt with by a different Dept. it would seem :rolleyes:.

What I am after is the SAR info so that I can calculate bank chge info and get sight of bank loan agreements. I have CCA'd and CPR'd the credit card account seperately although it should be in the SAR bundle if I ever get it.

greatburdon

Have received the following letter from DG Solicitors.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/greatburdon/DGsolicitors.jpg

On the 6th June I sent the 'bemused' letter to Metropolitan Collection Services and also sent first letter to HSBC under CPR on 6th June as my CCA requests came to nothing (other than blank forms and reams of conditions)

Is the response to DG to tell their client, seeing as tho' you are solicitors, to provide a signed agreement as required in law and include all correspondence to date? Perhaps inform them that they are now under notice with the 1st CPR letter having been sent.

There was a 5 day gap between the Metropolitan letter (their first involvement) and the DG letter (the first from them), hardly enough time to respond?

greatburdon

Found this letter posted by 42Man (Thank You) ... Reckon this is the sort of letter to send, perhaps adding that I am initiating court action through my CPR request.

Dear Sirs,

I write in response to your letter dated XXXXX

Your letter is incorrect and frivolous, you are fully aware of legally valid reasons why no payment has been made on this account, namely that the agreement which underpins this account has not been supplied despite a perfectly valid request and furthermore, it is suggested that notwithstanding the failure to supply a copy, the agreement itself is improperly executed, devoid of all prescribed terms and deficient in respect of detail relating to APR, total charge for credit and statements of rights ,remedies and protections as required by schedules 1,2 and 6 Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983

Therefore the agreement as outlined in section 65 (1) Consumer Credit Act must be laid before the court to be granted an enforcement order before any further action can be taken

It is my view that the court would not grant such an order due to the deficiencies that i have outlined within the agreement, further more this has already been raised with (name of bank or previous DCA) yet I note they have still assigned the account over to yourselves and the absence of any documents disproving my points itself speaks volumes

Therefore, I would indeed welcome the opportunity to place this before the court. furthermore should you proceed with the threats to issue a court claim I will make an immediate application to have it set aside for the grounds outlined above, also I shall refer the judge to this letter when the matter of costs falls due

I trust this outlines my position clearly enough for you

Included a mention of my CPR in my draft....Am I on the right lines?

Dear Sirs,

I write in response to your letter dated XXXXX

Your letter is incorrect and frivolous, you are fully aware of legally valid reasons why no payment has been made on this account, namely that the agreement which underpins this account has not been supplied despite a perfectly valid request and furthermore, it is suggested that notwithstanding the failure to supply a copy, the agreement itself is improperly executed, devoid of all prescribed terms and deficient in respect of detail relating to APR, total charge for credit and statements of rights ,remedies and protections as required by schedules 1,2 and 6 Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983

Therefore the agreement as outlined in section 65 (1) Consumer Credit Act must be laid before the court to be granted an enforcement order before any further action can be taken

It is my view that the court would not grant such an order due to the deficiencies that i have outlined within the agreement, further more this has already been raised with (name of bank or previous DCA) yet I note they have still assigned the account over to yourselves and the absence of any documents disproving my points itself speaks volumes

Therefore, I would indeed welcome the opportunity to place this before the court. I have sent a letter dated 6th July 2009 to Helen Packwood, HSBC card services, again requesting a true signed copy of the agreement relating to the above account. This was made pursuant to Civil Procedure Rules (Pre action protocols and Part 31.16), with the intention of inviting the court to decide the validity of any agreement. Furthermore should you proceed with the threats to issue a court claim I will make an immediate application to have it set aside for the grounds outlined above, also I shall refer the judge to this letter when the matter of costs falls due

I trust this outlines my position clearly enough for you

Their letters and requirement for signatures are just delaying tactics.

I got bored with it in the end and sent a signature, suitably altered from my normal, and they responded with the documents. Well, I say documents, the so called agreement was one filled in by them, not me. It was an application form from 11 years after the account was opened? They spelt my name wrong, date of birth and so on.

If they had your agreement, they would send it to you to keep you quiet.

Look out for their letter content and read carefully. They cherry pick the parts of the act that they refer to and also leave out odd words which change the whole meaning of a section of the act.

I have sent CCA and CPR 31 request. They only reponded with rubish documents, when they had a signature.

If you do not sign a request to them, although you should'nt need to, it only gives them reason not to sent your agreement. They had no signature of mine to compare it with, so it was pointless but worked.

It will give you more information to fight with, if they supply rubbish documentation.

Take a deep breath, another G&T and fight on.

Thanks for your reply Vint, I am now signing most of my letters in a 'creative' way and in an anti-tamper box so that there are no more excuses as to who I am!

Did you not follow the CPR through i.e. take it to court?

Think I will send the draft I just posted and see what happens.

greatburdon

Thanks for your reply Vint, I am now signing most of my letters in a 'creative' way and in an anti-tamper box so that there are no more excuses as to who I am!

Did you not follow the CPR through i.e. take it to court?

Think I will send the draft I just posted and see what happens.

greatburdon

No, I Just keep reminding them that they have failed and pointing out how they have failed. I have been through 4 Complaints Managers so far. The same one never responds. I sometimes wonder if all of these managers exist!

The point to remember is that if they have no CCA, they have no case. If they get to Court without an agreement, the DJ has cannot rule, although some have and it has been successfully appealed.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Received this morning a court summons from Northampton. DG Solicitors are the claimant.

As i have never had an agreement just blank forms and reams of terms and conditions that may or may not apply I will obviously be defending this claim. Is there an example of what to state on the defence form? and do I CPR them to find out what docs. they intend to rely on in this action?

Basicaly I am unsure as to the procedure and would welcome some help.

greatburdon

Received this morning a court summons from Northampton. DG Solicitors are the claimant.

As i have never had an agreement just blank forms and reams of terms and conditions that may or may not apply I will obviously be defending this claim. Is there an example of what to state on the defence form? and do I CPR them to find out what docs. they intend to rely on in this action?

Basicaly I am unsure as to the procedure and would welcome some help.

greatburdon

You may want to start another thread in the legal forum for best advice.

But have a look here for encouragement http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/223189-court-lets-woman-off.html

Hi Vint,

That thread relates more to PPI although i still hope to win this case. :(

"The judgement went against MBNA for a number of reasons," a spokeswoman said.

"In principle, because the deputy district judge felt that MBNA had not on this occasion provided the appropriate documents to the customer and as such was not able to rely on the clauses MBNA would ordinarily seek to rely on in these cases," she explained.

"The judgement went against MBNA for a number of reasons," a spokeswoman said.

"In principle, because the deputy district judge felt that MBNA had not on this occasion provided the appropriate documents to the customer and as such was not able to rely on the clauses MBNA would ordinarily seek to rely on in these cases," she explained.

Is that what the judgement says or is that what MBNA says?

You can only rely on one of those as being correct...