help xtra finance charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:DHi

Was Hoping i could get some more advice from this great forum

I recieved a loan last year for £1000 from a company called Xtra Finance ,half way throught the loan i missed two payments due to partner losing his job .When this happened Xtra Finance very quickly sent me out a ccj so i carried on paying my loan to them as arranged .Now my loan has come to an end so i thought .This mourning i recived a letter from Xtra explaining that i have over £500 worth of charges becauce the account whent legal over me missing two payment .I have never missed a payment since then. So i called them and asked why it was so high and the lady was really rude and explained that they have a judgement against me from last year for the missed payment and i have to pay these charges when i explained that i was not in a situtation too pay the charges she replied well u have been paying the loan so far so why carnt you pay the charges :evil:

Does anybody have any advice on whether i have to pay these excessive charges as they say they have a jugdement against me

Thanks for any advice :grin: tofster213

You need to clarify a couple of things please

What were the stipulations of the CCJ?

what did it say that you had to pay and how often?

What was the total awarded to them?

Did it include any costs?

Did you defend the CCJ at all?

They said i have to pay £521 charges which is £111 per month plus one final payment of £75 . I am sorry for being vauge but i cannot remember exactly what they sent it was last year but when i called them a few weeks ago and disputed this they said because you have making payments on time every since we may be able to reduce it by £100 which didnt make sence to me :confused:

If you answer spamheads questions you may well get some sound advice.

Did you defend the CCJ or did you allow them to get it by default? Either way contacting the court would get you a copy of it.

They said i have to pay £521 charges which is £111 per month plus one final payment of £75 . I am sorry for being vauge but i cannot remember exactly what they sent it was last year but when i called them a few weeks ago and disputed this they said because you have making payments on time every since we may be able to reduce it by £100 which didnt make sence to me :confused:

Hi

sorry for being persistent but someone can't just claim that you owe £xxx and that they have a CCJ and that you should pay £xxx per week/month etc. they need to support their demands with a legal agreement under which you agreed to make such payments.

They must have sent you letters outlining what it is they have ie a CCJ or that they intend to get (a CCJ) or whatever.

They would need to tell you the full A to Z of the debt in order for you to make an informed decision over what your next move should be with regard to the legality of the debt and/or any repayment plan.

Have they issued you with a default at all?

If they are refusing to provide you with any information, I would suggest you request a CCA from them, this will give you the original terms and conditions under which you loaned the funds.

You will need to examine your own statements to see how many payments you have made £xx X no of months.

If you can answer the earlier questions we may be able to formulate a logical plan of action for you

Thanks Spamhead i do remember recieving about a ccj from them but i did not replie to it they seemed to have moved so quickly over this i dont have any of the paperwork what i recieved last year so what should i do next thanks again