You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

lateralus

Consumer's Information - Bar Codes

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just got this info from an email - I don't know if it is correct but it's interesting and some bright spark with time on their hands could verify it for us.

This is to do with Bar Codes on products - the first three numbers tell the country of origin - - - - - -

here's the key:

690 - 692 Made in China

00 - 09 U.S and Canada

30 - 37 France

40 - 44 Germany

47 Taiwan

49 Japan

50 UK

So, true? or is someone going to snopes me.

I do like to know where my things come from - so this is helpful if it's true.

Edited by lateralus
came out all "puter geek" - had to type it myself- sigh!

The first couple of digits do indeed indicate the country of origin, though I am sure UK is 52 - I could be wrong.

I remember doing this ages ago for computing. The frist couple of digits tell you the country, the rest describe the product in some way, and the last digit is a "check" number - all the others are added up, divided by something and the result should be the same as the check number - or something like that.

The general specs, and more info on barcode (from the organisation that does them) available here:

GS1 UK - Barcode, Global Data Synchronization, Supply Chain Standards, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Tag Solutions