style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok in my life i have only ever got i speeding fine and a parking fine i dont have much money and 2 weeks ago i had a call from marston bailiffs the fine was for £400 thay said the would have to take ten times that so it would of been everthing in the house i know i sould not of let him in but i did i got hold of my dad and got the money to pay it i asked the biliff at the time if i had more he said no not with them now today a biliff comes to my door again for the parking ticket now i cant pay it i only 2 weeks ago paid the last one i have not let him in i just hid from him if someone out there can help me i dont know what to do i have 4 kids and i cant let them take are things i dont mind paying it but thay want it all in one go and i cant do it sorry for the bad spelling if someone can help me pls i dont know what to do thanks for reading

he is just sat in his van not there are 2 of them one in a van one in a car i have a hevly deabled daughter that will be home from school in a few hr i dont want her to see none of this :(

did you mean your daughter is disabled

BY HAND

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Your visit to [1st LINE OF ADDRESS]

I write further to your visit by your bailiff and confirm I classed a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement in the meaning of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents directives on the grounds of:

a) I am a carer of a minor who is medically diagnosed a special needs child

b) I am in receipt of a prescribed benefit

c) You are causing undue stress on the child

Where a debtor falling into a vulnerable persons category is discovered by an enforcement agent, the matter shall be referred back to the court and no seizure of goods may proceed. I ask that you adhere to your own regulations otherwise:

i) you may be at risk of being reported to your certificating court on a Form 4

ii) you may be reported to police for pretending to have a right to commit breaking and entering and you risk a criminal record.

iii) I retain the right to apply for a restraining order against you under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which you may be liable for costs

iv) I retain and distribute your photographs for crime prevention reasons

Please now quietly leave the property and return the case to the court with a copy of this letter.

Yours Faithfully

YOUR NAME

Hallowitch does the above letter still apply even if the bailiffs have already levied? Thanks

to be honest i don't know

having said that if the bailiff knows you have a disabled person in your home then he is supposed to had you case back to council /court

to be honest i don't know

having said that if the bailiff knows you have a disabled person in your home then he is supposed to had you case back to council /court

know he dont know your the frist person i told

write to the council /court tell them you have disabled child and according to the national standards for enforcement agents the bailiff should have sent the debt back bailiffs read these forums so amend delete your previous post ;)

OK in my life i have only ever got i speeding fine and a parking fine i dont have much money and 2 weeks ago i had a call from marston bailiffs the fine was for £400 thay said the would have to take ten times that so it would of been everthing in the house i know i sould not of let him in but i did i got hold of my dad and got the money to pay it i asked the biliff at the time if i had more he said no not with them now today a biliff comes to my door again for the parking ticket now i cant pay it i only 2 weeks ago paid the last one i have not let him in i just hid from him if someone out there can help me i dont know what to do i have 4 kids and i cant let them take are things i dont mind paying it but thay want it all in one go and i cant do it sorry for the bad spelling if someone can help me pls i dont know what to do thanks for reading

do you know how much the fine was for

if the bailiffs are holding 2 or more distress warrants they must collect them together

charges for collecting magistrate court fines

Letter Fee £11.20. If letter arrives after first visit is made then £0.00

Levying Distress up to £100 (excluding bailiffs fees but including court fees) - £28

More than £100 - 28% for the first £200 then 5.5% on everything over £200.

If no levy is made then bailiffs can charge fees for a maximum of three visits.

Multiple fees cannot be charged for simultaneous unpaid ticket collections.

do you know how much the fine was for

if the bailiffs are holding 2 or more distress warrants they must collect them together

charges for collecting magistrate court fines

Letter Fee £11.20. If letter arrives after first visit is made then £0.00

Levying Distress up to £100 (excluding bailiffs fees but including court fees) - £28

More than £100 - 28% for the first £200 then 5.5% on everything over £200.

If no levy is made then bailiffs can charge fees for a maximum of three visits.

Multiple fees cannot be charged for simultaneous unpaid ticket collections.

PCN/Fine £100

admin fees £50

attendance costs £175

total due today 325

i have his phone number on this letter sould i ring him and tell that im a classed a vulnerable person

have you got a breakdown for the speeding fine

have you any idea when both were passed to bailiff

have the bailiffs gone or are they still outside your house did you hand him letter

i sould not of let him in but i did i got hold of my dad and got the money to pay it

did the bailiff do a levy the same day as you paid him

Edited by hallowitch

have you got a breakdown for the speeding fine

have you any idea when both were passed to bailiff

have the bailiffs gone or are they still outside your house did you hand him letter

i paid the speeding fire 2 weeks ago that was £400 i give them this one is a parking ticket an no i did not give him the letter he had gone be4 i could print it i did not talk to him i just did not go to the door he posted the latter and waited for like 40 min and then went i have locked the door and lol im hopein he dont come back :( and the fine was from 2 years ago i sould never of got it lol it was a hot day and the ticket fell off the window i sent the to the ticket to the ticket office and never and that was that and now i got the biliff and the door for it

yes if you have no case number also ask them for the case number

i think you need more help than i can give regarding the bailiffs charges

but going to have root round to see what i can find

if i find anything useful i will post it

hopefully the someone will have a look and advise you on the bailiffs charges

• Haha 1

did you mean your daughter is disabled

BY HAND

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Your visit to [1st LINE OF ADDRESS]

I write further to your visit by your bailiff and confirm I classed a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement in the meaning of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents directives on the grounds of:

a) I am a carer of a minor who is medically diagnosed a special needs child

b) I am in receipt of a prescribed benefit

c) You are causing undue stress on the child

Where a debtor falling into a vulnerable persons category is discovered by an enforcement agent, the matter shall be referred back to the court and no seizure of goods may proceed. I ask that you adhere to your own regulations otherwise:

i) you may be at risk of being reported to your certificating court on a Form 4

ii) you may be reported to police for pretending to have a right to commit breaking and entering and you risk a criminal record.

iii) I retain the right to apply for a restraining order against you under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which you may be liable for costs

iv) I retain and distribute your photographs for crime prevention reasons

Please now quietly leave the property and return the case to the court with a copy of this letter.

Yours Faithfully

YOUR NAME

Hallowitch - Do you have a definition of a "prescribed benefit" or "vulnerable category"? I am disabled and wonder if I can send the bailiff packing with this information and have my council tax debt returned to the council? New thread - "Rundle & Co - Council Tax Bailiff - Heeelp!!!! Pleeease? Many thanks.

Edited by jqinfo
Brain engaging too slowly!

Guest Happy Contrails
Do you have a definition of a "prescribed benefit"

Any benefit prescibed under an Act of Parliament, e.g. jobseekers allowance, income support, DLA etc. Not child support - this is paid by the other parent.

or "vulnerable category"?

Any person considered a vulnerable persons for the purpose of civil enforcement: More: Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

I am disabled and wonder if I can send the bailiff packing with this information and have my council tax debt returned to the council?

Yes you can. Its best to have a case returned to town hall administration after a bailiff has been caught cheating with his fees.