Jump to content

Council Tax Arrears & partner has left!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My partner and i have gone our separate ways.


We have arrears on this years council tax.


What happens with the arrears now he has left? I am happy to pay my share of it, but i think they should be able to seek his % from him?


I have emailed my local office in relation to this matter.


I currently have my first instalment of arrears available to pay on the set payment date, but i am struggling a little at the moment.


Any advice would be great.


Thank you:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are both jointly liable when he was in property therefore the council can pursue either of you - they can however only take enforcement action against one person at a time.


You can contact them to ask if they'll pursue him but they don't have to - any split on the payment arrangement would be a private matter between you and him.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...