You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Pilot's are responsible for the safe loading of your airplane and must ensure that it is not overloaded. The performance of an airplane is influenced by its weight and overloading it will cause serious problems. The take-off run necessary to become airborne will be longer. In some cases, the required take-off run may be greater than the available runway. The angle of climb and the rate of climb will be reduced. Maximum ceiling will be lowered and range shortened. Landing speed will be higher and the landing roll longer. In addition, the additional weight may cause structural stresses during manoeuvres and turbulence that could lead to damage.

The shifting of weight in an aircraft happens quite often, you just don't hear about it in the press. The position of the centre of gravity along its longitudinal axis affects the stability of the airplane. There are forward and aft limits established by the aircraft design engineers beyond which the center of gravity should be located for flight. These limits are set to assure that sufficient elevator deflection is available for all phases of flight. If the C.G. is too far forward, the airplane will be nose heavy, if too far aft, tail heavy.

An airplane whose centre of gravity is too far aft may be dangerously unstable and will possess abnormal stall and spin characteristics. Recovery may be difficult if not impossible. It is the pilot's responsibility when loading an airplane to see that the C.G. lies within the recommended limits. If the C.G. is too far forward, the airplane will be nose heavy, if too far to the rear,tail heavy. Recovery may be difficult if not impossible because the pilot is running out of elevator control. It is the pilot’s responsibility when loading an airplane to see that the C.G. lies within the recommended limits.

One case that comes to mind is that of the rising pop star Aaliyah. She and her entourage had been in the Bahamas filming a pop video and were returning to Florida when the accident happened. Crash investigators discovered the plane was carrying at least 700 pounds over the recommended weight. Pilot and Aicraft operator error seems to be the problem here. There is a lawsuit still ongoing i believe against the Aircraft operator and Virgin Records in the US.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

WHOOSH2.gif

:D

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

What it means, DMD, is that if you have too many lardasses on board, it might cause problems. ;-)

:lol:

I was just imagining something resembling the end of Italian Job.

Those passengers make me laugh though. Do they really think the pilot and crew would fly it if it was dangerous? When the crew refuses to fly, THAT'S the time to panic!

Pilot's are responsible for the safe loading of your airplane and must ensure that it is not overloaded. The performance of an airplane is influenced by its weight and overloading it will cause serious problems. The take-off run necessary to become airborne will be longer. In some cases, the required take-off run may be greater than the available runway. The angle of climb and the rate of climb will be reduced. Maximum ceiling will be lowered and range shortened. Landing speed will be higher and the landing roll longer. In addition, the additional weight may cause structural stresses during manoeuvres and turbulence that could lead to damage.

The shifting of weight in an aircraft happens quite often, you just don't hear about it in the press. The position of the centre of gravity along its longitudinal axis affects the stability of the airplane. There are forward and aft limits established by the aircraft design engineers beyond which the center of gravity should be located for flight. These limits are set to assure that sufficient elevator deflection is available for all phases of flight. If the C.G. is too far forward, the airplane will be nose heavy, if too far aft, tail heavy.

An airplane whose centre of gravity is too far aft may be dangerously unstable and will possess abnormal stall and spin characteristics. Recovery may be difficult if not impossible. It is the pilot's responsibility when loading an airplane to see that the C.G. lies within the recommended limits. If the C.G. is too far forward, the airplane will be nose heavy, if too far to the rear,tail heavy. Recovery may be difficult if not impossible because the pilot is running out of elevator control. It is the pilot’s responsibility when loading an airplane to see that the C.G. lies within the recommended limits.

One case that comes to mind is that of the rising pop star Aaliyah. She and her entourage had been in the Bahamas filming a pop video and were returning to Florida when the accident happened. Crash investigators discovered the plane was carrying at least 700 pounds over the recommended weight. Pilot and Aicraft operator error seems to be the problem here. There is a lawsuit still ongoing i believe against the Aircraft operator and Virgin Records in the US.

I could have told you that:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

i remember being told to sit in the co-pilots seat on a grand canyon helicopter tour due to it being needed to balance the helicoptor, i remember being worried because i saw the loading sheet and it said underweight in big red letters on the pilot/co-pilot section

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

People don't realise that this calculation is vital to the safe operation of the aircraft. That's why luggage is restricted to 20kgs per person on most commercial flights.

You had a great view of the Canyon from there Labrat. I flew over the canyon years ago in a Cessna 177 Cardinal, spectacular scenery.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.