Application as Agreement, true statement or not?

Secretjay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm sure I've read somewhere when you CCA a Credit Card Company that if you receive an application form with all the prescribed terms then it is enforceable as an agreement but it must say on it 'Credit Card Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974'. The word 'card' is very important.

I can't find it now, can anyone say if this is true or not

Many thanks

The word 'card' is nowhere near as important as the presence of the prescribed terms i.e. of itself, its absence would not make the agreement unenforceable.

The status of the enforceability of your agreement could also be affected by the date it was issued eg. after the 2006 amendments.

If you have any doubts, suggest you start a thread in the appropriate forum & post up the doc. you have been sent (minus personal details) so that CAGers can offer advice.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.