Equifax - Accuracy of Data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My credit report has entries on relating to my twin brother (same DOB obviously) and we've shared addresses in the past, but i still shouldn't be able to see his info, is it worth putting in an notice of correction? or is there something else i can do?:?

'Lil help!?!

P

Hi philballard30, weird one!

unless you have had joint loans/applications etc I don't think you should have a financial association....and you certainly shouldnt see his. Are they accounts or searches showing?

You could start by e-mailing to advise them and see what their gonna do about it - dispute any of his entries with them and tell them why, they are then supposed to go double check with whatever company did it.

Are your names similiar at all? My mum and I share the exact same name (whole name!) and our dob's read very similar and I've had probs with tehe CRA's/banks/evryone because of it

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

notice of correction.

i'd demand it is removed.

and tell them to get their act together!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this requires a NOTICE OF DISASSOCIATION on your part along with a NOTICE OF CORRECTION , remind them it is unlawful to hold info that is "incorrect,incomplete or incorrect on their files and you can request the OFFICE OF THE INFO COMMISSIONERS investigate their compliance. They will soon change any info, or just delete it.

unless you have had joint loans/applications etc I don't think you should have a financial association....and you certainly shouldnt see his. Are they accounts or searches showing?

You could start by e-mailing to advise them and see what their gonna do about it - dispute any of his entries with them and tell them why, they are then supposed to go double check with whatever company did it.

Are your names similiar at all? My mum and I share the exact same name (whole name!) and our dob's read very similar and I've had probs with tehe CRA's/banks/evryone because of it

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifCredit Report Click link to open in new window.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

Dipply75, I've got no loans or anything with my brother (trust me, where he's concerned i wouldn't dare!!) my credit record shows some of his accounts with the ref no's and default/delinquent balances and payment history, it's most unusual, my initial P.N and his initial S.P same DOB, same surname, couple of same addresses.

Think i'm going to have to put a NOC in.

But if there's anythng else, i'm all ears!

Why disassociate when there should be no association

Same with notice of correction

Send the formal complaint & demand that the incorrect entries are removed

If you have any losses because of this (failed to get credit, mobile phone contract declined / deposit required or anything else) then you may be entitled to damages.

He may be your twin, but unless you have joint loans etc then updating your file with his details is libel and contrary to the Data Protection Act.

I mentioned this to him, and he's flabbergasted that he appears on my credit report, i'm sure somewhere along the line i may have been turned down for things too because this, but i will write a strongly worded letter and also mention the massive breach of the DPA.

Thanks for all your commets, i'll keep you updated