YesCC/Direct auto finance - CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello long time reader, first time poster!

I've recently glanced at my credit report and noticed a CCJ from DAF (Direct Auto Finance) in 2006!! the amount is about £6500. I'll tell you a tale of woe. :Cry:

Got credit in 2005 went to oxford to pick up my car, in there for over an hour and came out with an X reg citroen Xsara 'auto' it had 63000 miles on the clock when i got it, just before i owned it for 12 months the engine blew up on the M4 the 'authorised' repair centre (nationwide) i think, wouldn't touch it because my warranty had just run out. I left the 'car' on the side of the road, Yes contacted me when i stopped paying for it I asked them to come and collect it which they promptly did, they sent me some letters after that askng me for the full amount, which i refused to pay because the vehicle was not fit for purpose after just 12 months! they never contacted me again not even to tell me i've got a CCJ at Northampton CC.

What's my next move? i'm being told to get CCA request then go through the FOS i want the entry on the Credit report and the CCJ removed, i'm prepared to go to court for this too! as they can potentially ruin my chances of joining the police!:mad:

Please help

After 12 months you will have been deamed to have accepted the car. The engine failure is not the fault of the finance house.

You should not have stopped paying until the matter was resolved.

I don't think you will get any joy whatsoever in trying to get the ccj removed.

There is finance outstanding (and potentially acruing interest), you open this case again and you could find they will get the ccj enforced to get what is still owed.