You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

philballard30

YesCC/Direct auto finance - CCJ

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello long time reader, first time poster!

I've recently glanced at my credit report and noticed a CCJ from DAF (Direct Auto Finance) in 2006!! the amount is about £6500. I'll tell you a tale of woe. :Cry:

Got credit in 2005 went to oxford to pick up my car, in there for over an hour and came out with an X reg citroen Xsara 'auto' it had 63000 miles on the clock when i got it, just before i owned it for 12 months the engine blew up on the M4 the 'authorised' repair centre (nationwide) i think, wouldn't touch it because my warranty had just run out. I left the 'car' on the side of the road, Yes contacted me when i stopped paying for it I asked them to come and collect it which they promptly did, they sent me some letters after that askng me for the full amount, which i refused to pay because the vehicle was not fit for purpose after just 12 months! they never contacted me again not even to tell me i've got a CCJ at Northampton CC.

What's my next move? i'm being told to get CCA request then go through the FOS i want the entry on the Credit report and the CCJ removed, i'm prepared to go to court for this too! as they can potentially ruin my chances of joining the police!:mad:

Please help

After 12 months you will have been deamed to have accepted the car. The engine failure is not the fault of the finance house.

You should not have stopped paying until the matter was resolved.

I don't think you will get any joy whatsoever in trying to get the ccj removed.

There is finance outstanding (and potentially acruing interest), you open this case again and you could find they will get the ccj enforced to get what is still owed.

take my advice and leave well alone

if they have not bothered you all this time, why stir up a hornets nest

Thank you respondants!

Advice suitably taken