• Tweets

• Hi Rich,   There was really no need to wait for a reply from the gym.   Go back to your bank and tell them, " I require a refund of DD's taken by the gym on xxdate, xxdate and xxdate in the sume of £xx.xx, £xx.xx and £xx.xx respectively. I am entitled to such refunds under the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme to which banks subscribe."   No need to justify to the bank what amount you require.    Reclaim precise recent DD's that equate to what you've now overpaid to the gym.   Do it via the bank and don't involve the gym - it's unnecessary.
    • well thats because you all fall for or wrongly believe the same BS.   Any guarantee or warranty is in addition too, and does not replace, your rights under the consumer rights act. which is NOTHING to do with any manufacturer, CRA is against the RETAILER curry's.   it's your job now to employ someone, or to produce a report that concludes the fault was there when the item was sold to you, as you are outside of 6mts, under CRA that defaults to the consumer.            
    • We had a case here recently where a motorist who was being sued by a PPC put in a great deal of work and educated himself/herself about the law, and filed a detailed defence demolishing the fleecers' claim point by point legally.  On the surface a fantastic piece of work ...   ... except that gave the PPC's solicitors months & months notice of what the case would be fought on and they made up lie after lie to counter the motorists' points.    As dx says it's best to file an extremely generic defence now, keep the fleecers in the dark and then when it comes to WS stage hammer them with the points you've listed - by which point it'll be too late for them to make up lies back.
    • You have most likely came across lots of complaints regarding Currys "After sales care/support"  well lack of it!   I find myself currently in a similar position as hundreds of other ex customers of Currys, cutting a long story short. I purchased a Logik range cooker paid in full online with my debit card February 2020, i did not take out the Repair Care service, but why would I when my product has a 12 month manufactures warranty guaranteeing repairs or replacement etc,   December 23rd 2020 the outer oven door came apart from the inside oven door at the bottom "top opening" kept together at the top and swinging obviously I couldn't use as very dangerous, no Christmas dinner for us.    Checked my paperwork for manufacture number, not there however it did state "contact our customer service team who will guide you in the right direction) impossible, so I e mailed, personally I like to keep a paper trail, received a reply email 15th January says "Cant do anything you have to contact manufacture on this number", so i did several times.   Its now May 2021 I still have no cooker, I have been through all that unrepairable and uplift number etc.  What concerns me more than anything and really gets me angry is the number they give you is not the manufacturer Logik or indeed any other manufacturer it is Care Repair UK, a contracted white goods repair service any make!! and they also provide the same service when you buy the extra care service.   My point is, I am more annoyed that they are getting away with this con ripping innocent people off who more than likely are struggling even me than replacing my cooker. There must e something I can do and I am asking for support to help me do this.   Many thanks   
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry if i've posted this in wrong forum, need a bit of advice am currently struggling with a citicard debt of £4000 not in arrears but only make minimum payment each month account was closed by citicard 8 months ago. Is there anything i can do to stop the interest being charged each month as at this rate i am never going to clear this. Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

Citicards are pretty unresponsive to customers who say that they maybe struggling with repayments.

Typically if you go to something like CCCS they normally can come to an arrangement with your creditors which will halt interest, but the likelihood is that Citi would default your account, being the kind understanding bank that they are.

The alternative is that you could explore the CCA route, which would be to reqeuested a copy of the executed agreement under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act. This is a document you are legally entitled to. Likewise though Citi will probably just send you a copy of recent Terms & Conditions which do not fulfill the request and proceed to default your account - despite being legally barred from doing so until they provide you with a copy of the agreement you originally signed.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Might be worth asking, suggest that you are struggling with your repayments and ask if they are willing to stop or reduce the interest on the account.

After all banks are meant to have an understanding approach to those that are struggling under the Banking Code.

That said we are talking about Citi where the bottom line matters above all else, but doesnt harm asking.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.