You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi. I'm so sorry about your husband, it's a tough time for you.   Feelings can run very high after someone dies and sadly your son doesn't seem to have helped. A bereavement can bring out the worst in people, I've seen it.   Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of what's happened but is getting embroiled in a family row going to make you feel any better? If you possibly can, I would give this a bit of time so that your feelings can find some kind of equilibrium.   Also, are you sure that this is the time to be trying to sue someone for libel? It's never easy and it can be very expensive.   Hugs, HB
    • I would like some advice please.   I lost my husband a week ago. My son is causing a lot of trouble in the family, and has posted a libellous post about me on facebook. My brother told me about it, as I have blocked my son.   My brother has also given me a print out of the post, ready for any solicitor that may be able to help me.   I am so upset about the post, and what my son has written is so nasty that no son should be able to say anything like it about his own mother.   I do hope that someone can help me with this matter, as its not the first time he's posted something nasty about me on facebook. I've tried to report it to facebook, but without luck.
    • Yes begging letter, he would as FTMDave indicates have difficulty with that letter, as parking cases are generally not suitable for Arbitration. There are multiple factors that kill his pig for him, that he will only see when his cut & paste WS is done, and rebutted.
    • the letter i received doesn't give any account details to whom payment should be made, or how to pay e.g. via phone , card etc   just says payment should be made to the person named at the address for payment, giving claimants reference and claim number   gutted,    just came across this article from January 2020 i can't believe i misinterpreted / misread the  court documents i received.   i always thought the AOS was all i had to submit, until i received a court date and that i would have to file defence then. Judge throws out fines issued at notorious Sheffield car park Fines at a notorious Sheffield car park have been issued illegally after a judge dismissed charges against several defendants.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Wazza1970

Court Case Tomorrow For Business Rates Urgent Help Needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok this is the second time typing this and now i am angry with my computer as well as angry with the government.....

Ok so

I am in court tomorrow for business rates for 2009 for about £7000 becuase i am a couple of months behind.

The reason i am behind is that obviously times are very tough financially , but last year i got behind and again was taken to court in december 2008.

I never heard anything from the court or the council as to the decision or payments etc etc and to be honest i thought "result" until the baillif walked in in April demanding £4500 instantly.

I protested but as you are aware bailliffs dont care the reasons or politics behind it they just want their money. i asked for time to pay but was told that "the council has a new policy that if you are unable to pay your rates, you are going under and if you are going under then we need to get as much money or goods from you as quickly as possible in case you are not here next week!!!"

i couldnt beleive what he was saying and said that was ridiculous that could put me out of business and that is most definately not a way to help small businesses in these troubled times to which he replied

" I know, it is crazy and personally i dont agree with it but its my job and becuase the council still get rates if the premises is empty as the landlord has to pay the rates, they dont care anymore if you go under or not becuase they still get their money"

What annoys me is that we have only been trading for 3 1/2 years adn its as hard today if not harder than the day we started and to this day we still do not make any money, we only take minimum wage part time salaries for myself , the only people that get paid properly are the 2 mechanics.

We are £15k in debt to the landlord over the last 3 years adn thankfully he is a very genuine landlord and understands that i am paying him everything i can when i can and he also knows that one day he will get all his money.

We pay £700 a month n business rates ona £15000pa rent.

We also take on many work experience 15/16 year olds we probably take on 5 or 6 a year as well as 1 permanent work placement with learning difficulties and behavioural issues and also a long term work experience twice a week for 6 months.

Also in the 3 years we have raised over £15000 for charity (see our web site www.kaiperformance.co.uk ) and you can also see why we setup the company.

Anyway.....sorry for waffling......

So has anybody any ideas to help me in the case tomorrow ?????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

We was late with a month's payment and they hit us for a claim for the rest of the year. We was lucky in some respects because our payment, although late, was actually in their bank the day before the court papers where dated. After a bit of "hard ball" they were to be honest, rather understanding and offered to move the payment due date back towards the end of the month. They allowed us to continue to pay monthly in the end.

Talk to them, show a bit of humble pie and make an arrangement with them, and you should, fingers crossed be ok.

Almost forgot, ask to have the payments over 12 months instead of ten. It all helps.