News Ticker
  • plain text ticker
  • This is a custom ticker

• Tweets

• Question please, if you switch to the free Experian ac when you login within the 30 day free trial period, will the subscription of £14.99 be taken? Do you have to cancel the Experian ac entirely to stop the subscription?   Thanks to all
    • You need to beef it up a bit.... your 11 is tad tame and limp wristed ...you are appalled ...shocked and horrified ...get the word screen shot in and reproducing data without your consent.It has no connection to the claim or add any weight to their evidence in convincing the court  thats charging extortionate fees once a contract is terminated is fair or legitimate and the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a breakdown of the fee and quantify its losses.   And yes thats a very important valid point you raise by way of you took out this contract in store with ID, which is false, I bought it online with no ID.Show the court that they talk nonsense and know absolutely nothing about the debt they bought for peanuts and that the contents of their statement contain numerous errors and false information......cast doubt.
    • Suggest that you also send a letter to your Insurance company as well.   A third party can simply enter a registration into the Askmid system to find Insurance details.     But mistakes can be made, Enter one letter wrongly and the wrong Insurers receive the claim. If the make of the car was for example a Ford Focus, it is possible a local dealer sold several with very similar registration plates. So even the mistake is not always found by asking the third party to confirm make/model of the car which caused the damage.   Your Insurance company would not advise you of the third party details, due to data protection. They might provide a registration number and advise the third parties Insurance company details. This would give you opportunity of contacting the third parties Insurers to advise of the error that appears to have happened.   Dented door not a problem. Looking for damage that relates to the alleged accident event.   Yes if you were not contactable, the Insurers may have paid the claim. But you could still have made a complaint or took other actions to resolve the matter.
    • Well thats okay...lets see if they comply with the rest of the directions on time.
    • Seriously ...a company that is raking in billions by overcharging its customers and shes haggling about £500 interest which is only awarded at the discretion of the court.   Complete the I&E and attach a covering letter stating what you discussed  over the phone and with whom and that you are open to settling the full debt amount of £4K plus court fees and state your monthly offer.You do not agree to interest being charged which is only awarded after judgment at the discretion of the courts pursuant to sec69 County Courts Act 1984  at such rate as the court thinks fit or as may be prescribed, on all or any part of the debt..   You reserve the right to bring this to the courts attention should your offer be denied.
  • Our picks

HulseAlpha1

RBS - Incurred bank Charges after working there!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

This is a tricky one so i'll try and cut it short....

About a year ago, I was employed at RBS. I left after 3 months, and received a small payment the month following my leaving for pay I was owed. One month later, I received a letter from RBS stating that I had been overpaid by £300.00 and this would be deducted from my NatWest payroll account a week later (Note - working for RBS means you have to have a RBS group payroll bank account)

After telephoning RBS and instructing them I could not afford this, and asking the make a reasnoble payment arrangement, they flat out refused. I then withdrew all monies from the account and placed a complete bar on transactions. Low and behold! The bank withdrew the money anyway! (taking £300.00 from an account with a £0.00 balance!)

I telephoned RBS and got passed from HR, to Payroll, to my old line manager and back again. I have received no evidence of overpayment, and advised RBS that under no circumstances would I repay any of this money without evidence.

About a month ago, I received a default notice on this account which has racked up £400.00 (plus the original £300.00) in default fees and interest. I approached my NatWest bank manager and asked him to intervene, although sympathetic he was unable to help at all.

I then sent a formal letter of complaint to Natwest advising I was placing my account in dispute, to which they replied it was nothing to do with them as my complaint was with RBS!

I have just sent a notice before action advising all monies must be refunded within 14 days - my position is -

1 . How can RBS make an order to deduct money from a NatWest bank account (which is a distinct and seperate legal entity)

2. Why had RBS retained my bank details 2 months after I left?

3. How can NatWest authorise a transaction from RBS which takes £300.00 from an account with £0 balance, AFTER I placed a bar on all transactions?

4. RBS and NatWest have refused all attempts at a mutual resolution!

What are your thoughts guy? Would love to hear any advice.....

On a personal note, i can't believe it is legal for an employer to control your BANK ACCOUNT as well! surely this gives the employer too much power? I understand this is the base with all Bank employees these days,

With Thanks in Advance

Dan Hulse

Daniel (nospam) @ Hulse.org.uk

The banks do as they please. With NatWest being part of RBS, RBS are able to recover monies from within the group as a whole. The banks will always take money from the consumer when its to line their own coffers, that includes taking you overdrawn.