You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

daftcow100

Abbey has admitted they processed a default in error - Now offering Compensation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I made an offer in June 06 to settle an Abbey account. I owed them £12000 and they offered a short settlement of £9000.

I paid and they then sent me a letter wanting the rest.

I wrote to them 5 times and called them at least 8 times as well.

Every time they gave me the run around. Then they defaulted me.

Since then i have had a default on my record. Eventually they sent me a letter admitting that there had been a catalog of errors and offered £250 as compensation.

They said they would remove the default but mark the account as partially settled. i asked the to mark it as fully settled and hey refused.

They now have marked it as settled with money still owing but the default still shows. They want me to sign a letter that i will not take them to the ombusman or to court and then they will pay me. I told the woman on the phone £250 was not good enough. She said she may be able to increase it. What do i ask for?

Thanks

Do I threaten them with court or explain why I come to £1000???

well,they have defamed you by wrongly placing a default on your record.....

And they didn't remove it as soon as they realised, but left it there and haggled - muppets

I would make it a grand for doing it and another one for not removing it as soon as they realised their error