Help: Hsbc Hardship Charges Claim

stush
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I contacted HSBC in regards to getting a refund of my charges based on Hardship.

I recieved a letter from them, basically they said they havent accepted my claim for a refund of charges.

I only have a managed loan left with them and on my initial letter I stated that I dont wish to actually reduce/change my monthly payment but due to the situation i am in i am struggling but as I dont have much left on the managed loan the refund would help the situation as I need to get the debt cleared soon.

They sent me a leaflet to read through and there is something for me to fill in for my income, expenditure etc..it then says to call them once filled in to discuss my situation..

Is this the standard process when going through hardship claim to get charges refunded...?

Yes

You have to fill in the income and expenditure form and explain again your situation.

If necessary confirm that the monies could be used directly to repay any priority debts.

Have you read the latest terms of the waiver to see if you do ualify under the guidance notes?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I will post tomorrow.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi stush - looking for the waiver ? :)

there you go ......

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/disp_monthly.pdf

have fun :rolleyes: - I'd start from the bit about 'Communicating with Customers' if I were you - (Page 5) and read on from there........ :grin: try not to laugh ......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

In making an assessment of financial difficulty the banks will take into account:

• evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;

• and evidence of the following

• items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;

• failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

• discontinuation of regular credits;

• notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings

• regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

• making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest; and

• repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).

This does not mean that the bank must refund your charges - however they must consider your case and offer some assistance . Use some of the above points if it applies to you.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE