Need assistance in writing request CCA letters to creditors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I just recently registered to CAF. I would like to ask if anybody can give me advice with regards to our debt problems. We are currently under Debt Management Programme with Payplan for almost three years now and total of approximately £60,000 of debt still because of the creditors unending charges of interest, two of them, Natwest and Asset Link, had successfully charged it against our property. Wrote a complaint to Blackhorse, one of the creditors, because of their unending charges and interests, inspite of the DB programme and seems not interested in freezing their charges (and these includes two HSBC credit cards and one Natwest credit card). I had a feeling that most of the CCA are not enforceable (if this is the term being used now based on the forums that I've read). We are thinking to write directly to each of the creditors about this CCA but don't know how to start. Please help. Any suggestions and assistance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!

You can send them this http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter print your name do not sign it, enclose a £1 postal order and post it recorded delivery. When you start receiving them back if you start a new thread for each one we'll be able to advise & things won't get confusing.

Any that are enforceable you should be able to get the amount reduced by sending a SAR, but we'll cross that bridge when we reach it. ;)

They have 12 working days from receipt of your request to supply the information, if they fail to do so you can send the 'In Dispute' letter http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale and legally withold payment until they do. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

:)Hi! I sent all the letters last week and only Blackhorse responded and sent me a photocopied CCA but not so sure if it is enforceable or not. Shakespeare Solicitors responded in behalf of Natwest bank and informed me that they forwarded the request to Natwest and will just have to wait for the response. But the rest like Asset Link, Shoosmiths, Natwest Credit Card and HSBC Credit card have not responded as of this date.:mad::confused: Is there any claim department or agencies who can legally deal with them without charging fees per agreement?:confused:I have inquired to some of them but they are charging between £199 up to £210 per agreement. I just read on other sites that they don't have to charge for anything, is this true?:confused: I hope someone can give me the latest information.

Many thanks!!!:):)

There is nothing that these companies can do for a ridiculous fee what you can't do yourself for free through this site. :)

If you post up the CCA from Blackhorse, removing personal details, we'll have a look at it for you.

As for those that haven't replied, they have 12 working days from receipt of your request so they still have a couple of days left yet. If you still don't receive them you can send them this letter; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale