Help and advice needed - bt fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys and girls i am after some advice.

I Have BT as line rental and phone package, and after reading about late payment fees and non direct debit fees, i was thinking to make a claim for it.

I have not SAR'rd BT as i already have info, and after reading the Martin 3030 vs Virgin media i am about to start. No letter have been sent yet.

Is there any reason against it? please be gentle with me.

Thank you for your help.

None, but they'll tell you it is justified, and they've won in court twice already. It may be better to await OFCOM's investigation (and/or that regarding complaints to the EU) and pursure them for a refund once the dust has settled.

Having not been in court, I'd love to say 'yes' to both your questions, but one of them was a Solicitor! In the reporting of one of the cases, the Judge (Recorder, I think) paid particular attention to the fact that the consumer had to be told that the charges would apply. They agreed they had been, but were contesting it as a punitive charge. The Recorder then said that providing it formed part of the T&C 'agreed' between both parties - and BT provide this was the case, he found in favour of the defenders (BT).