Barclays default and their wonderful "reserve "

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Had Overdraft Of 500 They Changed Account To Reserve I Never Received Letter Or Anything I Was 492 Over Charges Took Me To 501 The The Started Charging £22 Etc I Asked For It Back Said I Never Asked For Reserve Asked For Authority They Said There Wasnt One . I Said They Have No Authority To Change It And Told Them To Revert Back To Non Reserve . They Said I Had To Make Appt To Do That I Said If They Pay Me My Time Off Etc So Now Debt 1030 All Made Of These 22 Pound Charges They Have Had 3 Lots Of Debt Collectors After Me And I Now Found They Defaulted Me In Feb 2009 . The Debt And Their Charges Have Always Been In Default Surely They Are Breaking Banking Code As Sum "n Dispute " And Also Data Protection By Putting Default When In Dispute And Passing To Third Parties . How Can They Do All This And Get Away With It . Ive Had Letters And E Mails Never Answered They Ignore My Requests And Default Me

Hi Gaz,

Have you opted out of the Reserve System now.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry if message in capitals didnt spot till later , i never opted in cant opt out as account not operative now with 3 lots of debt collectors , and default put on my account , over £500 worth of charges for going £1 over limit thats abusive regards Gaz

Have you set about reclaiming the bank charges.

If you do, this should (notice I say SHOULD and not WILL) immediately stop the DCA's hounding you, as you can confirm the a/c is In Dispute.

You can also argue for the removal of the Default on the basis that the a/c balance must be inaccurate if it includes unlawful bank charges.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

If you've sent a Prelim and LBA already, send another LBA with an updated SOC to reflect any recent charges.

Hide the s.69 interest column - you don't use this until you file your claim at court.

In post #5, you say you asked the bank to repay several times.

Was this in writing, with a SOC, along the lines of our site Prelim Letter.

Whats a SOC ? No not prelim letter just ordinary one stating I never asked for or gave permission for reserve and wanted charges back etc regards Gaz

Ok, in that case, start from scatch. Read the Reclaiming Charges guide at Link No1 in my signature below.

SOC = Schedule of Charges

Use the Prelim Letter and LBA at items 3 and 4 from here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)