SAR Request response - Link Financial. Help! - Have they responded correctly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All.

In 2005 I accrued a debt with an Abbey Current Account - It mostly consisted of an overdraft, though the amount owed almost doubled thanks to bank charges. The debt was sold from Abbey, to Link Financial in 2005.

In an effort to deal with this account, I sent an SAR request to Link Financial a week ago. Their response arrived today, but it only consists of computer printouts - lists of communications they have sent me & a few personal details they hold - nothing I actually asked for is there.

Have they complied correctly? From my point of view I don't think so, but this is the first time I've done this, so could be wrong.

- Should I have SAR'd Abbey instead? (The original owner of the debt).

Oh, and one more thing.....they appear to have added the SAR charge to the account balance, then reduced the balance by applying my £10 SAR postal order to it (which had ('Subject Access Request Only' written on the back). From a statute-barring standpoint this has concerned me a bit - It's due to be Statute Barred in 2011.

Lastly, they have also added a £5 Admin charge to my account......I thought that was illegal for an SAR request?!

Incidentally, What I'm most interested in doing is getting the defaults they have placed on the file removed. Getting rid of the debt wouldn't be a bad thing either though!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'll try & post a link to my SAR request & to what they sent me too.

Many thanks in advance,

Emily.

Link to Documents:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

they have complied.

if you want your whole account it should have went to abbey. they can do what they like with the £10 as you have proof it was for a sar so donlt worry about that.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)