Help Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help

I am 20 and unemployed at the moment in my younger days i signed up to a few phone contracts with three mainly because my phone broke and i couldnt afford a new one. I know i been stupid because three is a rubbish phone company that never get signal anywhere and i refuse to pay for a service that i am no recievein because i can not get signal in my home or when i was at work. But now moorcroft are on my back and i cant afford to pay back the £50 and the £70 i owe them they keep threating to take me to court and a "personal advicer" coming to my house even though i live with my parents and everything is in their name. I think in my younger days i had a problem with signing up to phone contracts i have now got 4 :( that i cant get rid off.

I need help of how to get these creeps of my back

Thank you

1. Never talk to them on the telephone.

2. Place the account in dispute with Moorcroft and ask them to prove your liability. You can use the following as a template.

Dear Sir / Madam

Your Reference: xxxxxxxx

I Do Not Acknowledge Any Debt to Your Company [/font]

I refer to your recent communication dated xxxxxxxx

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning this matter unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the alleged debt in question by supplying the relevant documentation.

1. Copy of any contract relating to this alleged debt

2. Copy of the final bill

If you are unable to provide evidence as to my liability, I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only and not by telephone. Be advised that any telephone calls from your company will be recorded. If you harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM and you will be liable for a substantial fine.

I also note that you state it may be your intention to arrange a so called "Doorstep Call".Please note that such calleres may only come with permission given by me and strictly by appointment ONLY. I have no such wish to make any kind of appointment with any of your representitives.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours Faithfully

One Moorcroft have proved your liability then you can offer a payment schedule. Only offer what you can afford and not what they think you should be paying.

Thank you very much for that will get it sent tomorrow

Can i not ask for a CCA and if they dont reply within 14 days and then a month its not enforceable

Edited by adams13

Thank you very much for that will get it sent tomorrow

Can i not ask for a CCA and if they dont reply within 14 days and then a month its not enforceable

No as Mobile Phone Contracts are not covered by the "CCA". Moorcroft are obliged to prove your liabilty and until they do, do not pay them a thing and Ignore the threats.

is it easy for them to prove im liable or hard lol

i really cant afford to pay this and im fed up of the letters saying "Home Collection Division are coming round" lol and "pre-court division"

Wow, I've heard of doorstep collectors but not home collection division. I assume a doorstep collector would be on his own as a doorstep is easy to move but to collect a home, they would need a fair few of them:D:D:D

But seriously, if you are worried about them coming to your house, send them this

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Send one copy to them and keep another by the door just in case they break the habit of a lifetime and actually turn up. If they do, just hand the letter over and tell them politely to foxtrot oscar while closing the door firmly (I.E slam it :))

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE