Ultimate Credit Services - help appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I have just joined the forum because last week a letter was delivered to my address for the previous owner. I did ring the number, fortunately the office was closed, but the answermachine message gave me the company name as Ultimate Credit Services Ltd.

When I did a search on that company a thread on this forum showed up and I am horrified at what I read here.

I have written, by recorded delivery, to UCS to tell them to immediately remove my address and the debt against my address from their records and explained the debt belongs to the previous house owner.

What would you say are the chances that they will a) sign for my letter? b) do as I ask and remove my address from this debt?

I have had ongoing harrassment for debts for the previous owners of the house, but from what I've read on this forum about UCS these sound pretty awful people to try to communicate with.

Thanks for reading.

If there is anything addressed to the previous owner, then it is best to send it back as 'No longer resident at this address' if you have a different name then you won't be linked to somebody else.....

From the Postal Services Act 2000

84Interfering with the mail: general

(1)A person commits an offence if, without reasonable excuse, he—

(a)intentionally delays or opens a postal packet in the course of its transmission by post, or

(b)intentionally opens a mail-bag.

(2)Subsections (2) to (5) of section 83 apply to subsection (1) above as they apply to subsection (1) of that section.

(3)A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.

Thanks for your reply 42man. I have had numerous bailiff notices and actual bailiffs calling at my house because of sending back mail for the previous house owners as "not known at this address". The Post Office Services Act you quote below is, imo, a ridiculous rule when I, as an honest person, end up with bailiff notices telling me that if there is nobody home when they call they will bring locksmiths and take goods to the value of....

The letter I received was from a company called "The Telegramme bureau". I called the phone number - out of hours - which is how I found out the real name of the company is Ultimate Credit Services.

I have been to the police about the previous house owners running up debts against my address, and they say nothing can be done, only the people to whom the debt is owed can report it, so in the meantime I have to just wait for bailiffs to show up - again. And if I am out of the house they will bring locksmiths and break into my home and take my things!

I believe the previous owners are acting to my detriment by running up debts at my address, but I don't suppose the Post Office will see it that way.

Also, make sure you report these moronic imbeciles to Trading Standards. DCAs always treat everyone as liars, so they won't believe you when you say you're not the person they want.

Bailiffs WON'T be able to break into your house, they always try that lie on.

If they call again DON'T let them in, in fact DON't open the door. Spek to them through the letterbox and tell them if they don't leave you will call the police

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Also, make sure you report these moronic imbeciles to Trading Standards. DCAs always treat everyone as liars, so they won't believe you when you say you're not the person they want.

Bailiffs WON'T be able to break into your house, they always try that lie on.

If they call again DON'T let them in, in fact DON't open the door. Spek to them through the letterbox and tell them if they don't leave you will call the police

Thanks for your reply rameses_qc. I will write to Trading Standards about the debt letters. It annoys me that I have to prove who I am while they can threaten with no consequences.

I didn't let them in, but unfortunately I did open the door last time - not on my guard enough. Will be from now on though!

I didn't let them in, but unfortunately I did open the door last time - not on my guard enough. Will be from now on though!

I understand peoples view that it is seen as an offence, however the caveat is;

(1)A person commits an offence if, without reasonable excuse,

Whilst breaking the Law, is not condoned on CAG, I fully understand your opinion, as I too am in the same position regarding the previous occupier and DCA letters!

Secondly, it isn't the address which will have a marker put on it, each bad debt is solely that of the named debtor, not the property, as you can't intimidate and bully a house:? (can you?)

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks very much for all the info Bazooka Boo. That's really helpful. After 3 years of this I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with it all.

Don't give in to them, there's plenty more solid advice that can be given on here in how to deal with people who make a living out of making other peoples lives a misery!

After a while it actually becomes quite fun in baiting them:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!