Cdiscount problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know why nothing seems to go according to plan.

I ordered a wardrobe/chest of drawers package from Cdiscount. It arrived quickly two days later on the 27th May, 2009.

However, one part was badly damaged, a couple of parts were missing completely and there were two left sides instead of one left and one right. I immediately contacted them on the form enclosed to request the missing/replacement parts. No response so I emailed them a week later and they said that they had not received any communication.

They said that I had emailed the manufacturer instead of the supplier (even though I followed all the instructions on the insert).

They said they would chase up the replacement parts and I keep emailing to check progress and keep being told that they're chasing them up.

We had wanted to get a wardrobe organised to sort out my son's room as he was sitting his exams and wanted to give him a clear space.

Instead the matter was made worse as he had a wardrobe and chest of drawers and clothes all over his room, limiting his access to his bed and his computer.

Cdiscount said they would pick up the wardrobe yet on the website it says they do not pick up flat pack furniture that has been assembled. One chest has been assembled, the other half assembled and the packaging has had to be stored outside so putting it all together again to return would be a nightmare.

Can I just put all this outside and let them sort out the packaging themselves and demand a full refund?

We have now put our holidays on hold until we have this sorted out and we are getting fed up of being messed around but my son still wants his wardrobe.

When I originally ordered the wardrobe I tried to pay by credit card but this was declined and I had to pay by debit card. I contacted the bank and was told that there was no reason why it should have been declined - they had no record of any attempt to charge the card.

Two payments have now been taken from my debit card.

Against my better judgement, and in order to make use of the £40 cashback I ordered a tv and again the same thing - credit card declined. The tv arrived very quickly and everything is ok - touch wood!!!!

Makes me think that they are having difficulties with the credit card so that I have no recourse with the credit card company. Anyone else have any experience with declined credit cards for no reason?

Probably know the answer to this one but here goes:=

As it appears people are having problems getting refunds from this company I am considering cancelling the last payment on the wardrobe and the last two payments on the tv and letting them sort out the balance when the problem is sorted.

Any comments would be most welcome.

1. A seller cannot refuse to refund just because it has been assembled. They CAN insert a clause of what they consider reasonable care, but that cannot be restrictive to the consumer's right to examine goods.

2. Responsibility for cost of return due to a fault / breach of contract is down to the seller. Nothing can change that - you cannot even agree to it.

3. Your duty will be to take reasonable care of the item. You cannot be expected to return it yourself, though. That falls to the seller. T&Cs that talk of responsibiity for returns will refer to "change of mind" instances, which this is not.

4. They must refund you within 30 max (not a target) of your notice of cancellation (by email or letter, but get it done if you have not). They cannot insist on the refund being dependent on the return of goods.

So fire off that email, politely and come back here if you want to know EXACTLY what to say.

Thanks Gyzmo. Not really sure yet whether I want to go down that route as I and my son really want to get the replacement parts - it took long enough to find something that he liked and that fitted his room - I don't really want to start searching all over again.

Have been wondering whether to order another one, take out the missing parts and then return - not sure whether or not this would work.

Although each time I have contacted them I have been told that they have told me that they would contact me when they had a firm delivery date a parcel arrived today unannounced. It was the parts for the chest of drawers but no sign of the parts of the wardrobe which is the most important piece.

No email or anything to indicate whether they are coming separately (really thought they would come together) or whether they've just got it wrong!!!!!! When I originally filled in the form for the missing/damaged parts there was one form for the wardrobe and one for each chest of drawers.

Have emailed them again to ask what is happening.

you can ask for the overall price to be reduced.

If that is not suitable, it will be a case of putting up or going elsewhere.

I appreciate what you say about getting the right one and time, but you must ask yourself whether you want o continue doing business with these people.

I think I would like to just tell them to refund payment but my son still insists he wants the wardrobe. We have now already abandoned our holiday plans so not a lot of point having to start all over again.

My husband phoned them today - gave them all the details and asked what was happening. He was told that they could not speak to him as the order was in my name!!!!

So I phoned them shortly afterwards and was told that the person dealing with the matter was away today which is why he had not replied to my email - despite me having emailed 6 days ago with no response. Ane they said they reply to all emails within 4 hours.

I have really had enough of this now - they just keep saying they're chasing it up and will let me know. I just feel like screaming.