Parking ticket - should I pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks that are suddenly going around our local Waitrose Car park and issuing them. New signs have gone up saying parking allowed for 3hrs. However I was only parked for 10 minutes but I was parked on a double yellow line which is painted by the side of some bushes. I was not parked in a disabled bay nor was I obstructing any other vehicles. There is no signage regarding the double yellow lines.

A lot of people just pull up there and nip into the shops. After I had received the ticket I parked in a proper bay (I know I should have done this in the first place!). I then sat and watched while a lady parked in the same spot I had previously been in, (as I said a lot of people park there so he must have been making a killing!). The guy issuing the tickets saw her park there watched her leave and as soon as she was gone he was over there, issued a ticket and took a picture. So I walked over and asked him 'don't you give any notice before issuing that?' He replied 'are you telling me how to do my job?' I said 'no, just asking the question'. To which he replied well normally you would, BUT NOT IN A PRIVATE CAR PARK, and then he walked off.

Should I pay this fine? I know I was on double yellows but are they legal?

I would rather pay early than face penalties but any advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ignore it.

This post speaks volumes about the state our parking regulation is in. Here we have a parking attendant who watches someone park where he thinks they shouldn't, waits until they leave the car, and then issues a ticket.

It should be obvious that he is not there to control the car park, but to raise revenue for the private parking company he works for.

The whole scenario stinks, and the sooner every motorist realises how toothless these companies are, and ignore their invoices, the better for us all.

Yellow lines mean nothing on private land.

Parking 'attendant' is merely a monkey who gives out unenforceable invoices. Private companies cannot give out fines - only claim their actual losses. Your actions have cost them nothing.

It's a money making [problem] and Euro Car Parks are a disgusting company.

Expect a couple of letters from them, Brinx and Credit Control. Ignore the lot and they will go away.

Ignore it.

This post speaks volumes about the state our parking regulation is in. Here we have a parking attendant who watches someone park where he thinks they shouldn't, waits until they leave the car, and then issues a ticket.

It should be obvious that he is not there to control the car park, but to raise revenue for the private parking company he works for.

The whole scenario stinks, and the sooner every motorist realises how toothless these companies are, and ignore their invoices, the better for us all.

Thank you for this - my wife and I were especially worried.

Yellow lines mean nothing on private land.

Parking 'attendant' is merely a monkey who gives out unenforceable invoices. Private companies cannot give out fines - only claim their actual losses. Your actions have cost them nothing.

It's a money making [problem] and Euro Car Parks are a disgusting company.

Expect a couple of letters from them, Brinx and Credit Control. Ignore the lot and they will go away.

Thank you too. As I mentioned to Electron99 we were both concerned especially the threat of ending up paying more as I have just recently lost my job due to company closure. Thank you to for the tips regarding the letters.

Revelation.

Thank you too. As I mentioned to Electron99 we were both concerned especially the threat of ending up paying more as I have just recently lost my job due to company closure. Thank you to for the tips regarding the letters.

Revelation.

You may well start to get increasingly scary letters from solicitors debt collectors et al. These are designed to frighten the average law abiding motorist into paying.

If you or your wife become concerned about these letters, post them on this site, washed of personal details, so that we can all reassure you that they are meaningless, and best ignored.

Stand firm - it will be a bumpy ride but at the end you will come out of it having paid nothing to them.

You may well start to get increasingly scary letters from solicitors debt collectors et al. These are designed to frighten the average law abiding motorist into paying.

If you or your wife become concerned about these letters, post them on this site, washed of personal details, so that we can all reassure you that they are meaningless, and best ignored.

Stand firm - it will be a bumpy ride but at the end you will come out of it having paid nothing to them.

Thank you again for your advice and warnings, I will post any threatening letters. They have now been around and put up more new signs, warning that anyone not parked in the marked bays could be fined (I forgot what the figure was) and that clamping is now in force with £125.00 release fee. Thankfully I was not clamped and I shall make sure I park correctly in future and I certainly will not stay more than 3 hours.

It is a shame, there is a church on the site and they are putting on events which can sometimes mean parking there for over 3 hours.

Now the Vicar is telling everyone to park by the side of the building (a small access road runs along the side of the church) which is only accessible via the car park as it is all linked. I would not be surprised if the Euro Car Park guy even walks down there and puts tickets on these vehicles! As they will certainly not be parked in the marked bays!!

Thanks again.

Revelation

Can we see the sign? Never known Euro Car Parks clamp.

I've been seeing quite a few signs to this effect. I think they can't make up their mind whether they're enforcing for trespass or breach of contract.

I'm sure there are a few using this sort of signage as a bluff. A lot of the PPCs muppets can't get SIA licensed either because of their dodgy past or a lack of brain power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...
Can we see the sign? Never known Euro Car Parks clamp.

Sorry for the delay in responding but my daughter was married on the 27th June and there has been a lot going on.

I have attached the sign for you to see.

Also I have today received a demand from Euro Car Parks which has now gone up from £30.00 to £50.00.

Kind regards

revelation

IMG_5286.jpg

A hollow threat in all likelihood, but the sign is so poorly worded that it doesn't actually say what you have to do to get wheel clamped.

'Wheel clamping in operation' is not sufficient to convey any meaning whatsoever.

Well thank you - I hope it is just a hollow threat - in my case I was not clamped so I am not too worried about the clamping side. But I we are worried about the £50.00 - perhaps we should just get it over with an pay. I do not fancy the figure going higher and then bailiffs.

But many thanks for you comments.

Revelation

I love the last one on the sign.

If I go shopping there with either or both of my children (both in their 20's), then Euro will charge me if a park in a normal bay.

Yes good spot!

As it happens there are NO marked bays in this car park for parent and child parking, so you had better avoid it at all costs!

cheers

revelation

But I we are worried about the £50.00 - perhaps we should just get it over with an pay. I do not fancy the figure going higher and then bailiffs.

This is exactly what they rely on....fear. There will be no bailiffs, unless:

1 they issue a county court claim.

2 they win the case

3 you then don't pay

the likelihood of any of that happening is zilch.

But I we are worried about the £50.00 - perhaps we should just get it over with an pay. I do not fancy the figure going higher and then bailiffs.

No chance. £50 is unenforceable, so £300 or £1000 doesn't magically change that fact.

Euro are feeble anyway - expect letters from Euro, Brinx and Credit Control before they give up and go away. They have never ever taken anyone to court.

No chance. £50 is unenforceable, so £300 or £1000 doesn't magically change that fact.

Euro are feeble anyway - expect letters from Euro, Brinx and Credit Control before they give up and go away. They have never ever taken anyone to court.

Thank you - do I need to respond in any way shape or form to the new demand or just ignore - which I believe is what you are saying.

Cheers

Revelation

Exactly that. If you want to reassure yourself read through other Euro threads here:

site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk Euro Car Parks - Google Search

Thanks I read these.

At least these make me feel better.

Apparently the charge is that my vehicle was improperly parked to the inconvenience of other customers.

Which is not true - I was not in anyone's way!

The letter ends saying 'failure to pay the outstanding amount will result in them forwarding the amount to a debt collection agency.

Cheers

revelation

The letter ends saying 'failure to pay the outstanding amount will result in them forwarding the amount to a debt collection agency.

Not a debt collection agency:eek:

A bunch of w@nkers with absolutely no powers whatsoever, ignore these clowns they WILL go away.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Not a debt collection agency:eek:

A bunch of w@nkers with absolutely no powers whatsoever, ignore these clowns they WILL go away.

regards

Thank you for the encouragement.

The sooner they go away the better as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

revelation